American Barbell Stainless Bearing Bar – Women
- Manufacturer: American Barbell
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 15kg
- Gender: Women
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Olympic Weightlifting
- Shaft Finish: Stainless Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 25mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Smooth
- Rotation System: Bearing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Women’s Stainless Bearing Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
American Barbell Women’s Stainless Bearing Bar
The American Barbell Women’s Stainless Bearing Bar is American Barbell’s top-end barbell, arguably overall, and certainly in the Olympic Weightlifting category.
It takes all of the best features of their other barbells and makes a barbell best suited for serious weightlifters or for those who just prefer the finer things in life. This bar is fully spec’d to competition standards.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Stainless Steel Finish – Stainless steel is excellent at preventing rust and it provides a true raw feel. While it is one of the more expensive options, it is arguably the best one available. Aside from the oxidation resistance and excellent feel, stainless steel also looks fantastic.
- Proprietary Bearings – This bar utilizes a proprietary bearing system that American Barbell claims will spin smoother as the weight gets heavier. The needle bearing, according to American Barbell, is “substantially larger, stronger, higher load rated, and more expensive than a conventional bearing found in all bars today.” They also use an inner sleeve that fits over the bar, which eliminates the needle bearing from coming in contact with the bar itself. This increases the life expectancy of the bearings and promotes a smooth concentric rotation.
- 25mm Shaft – This bar offers a 25mm shaft, which is consistent with female barbells.
- Smooth Sleeves – The smooth sleeves will generally create less noise when loading/unloading plates compared to a grooved sleeve.
- Recessed Welds – The bar includes stunning recessed welds that American Barbell is known for.
- American Made – This bar is 100% made in America.
- Strong Warranty – The Women’s Stainless Bearing Bar comes with a limited lifetime warranty from American Barbell.
What They’re Saying at Americanbarbell.com
The American Barbell Women’s Stainless Bearing Bar receives extremely positive feedback from users. With a 4.9 average rating at Americanbarbell.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “I’ve had the opportunity to train and compete with other barbell brands. This barbell is by far the best I’ve used! Solid, high quality……it is worth the price!”
- “The knurling on this bar is the best there is. You have to feel it to appreciate just how good it is. It’s not aggressive but you know the grip won’t let you down.”
- “The spin is not only buttery smooth, but it’s virtually silent. The sleeves don’t spin endlessly without plates loaded on, like some bars do; instead, they spin with remarkable smoothness and consistency regardless of the load on the bar.”
- “Beautiful bar, straight, strong, smooth. Fine knurl yields very secure grip without being punishing for multiple reps.”
- “Great bar, great feel, great performance! As good as any certified bar I’ve lifted on! Couldn’t be happier!”
- “The knurling is almost soft, not aggressive at all, but the stainless steel makes the grip secure without destroying your hands. Craftsmanship is impeccable. Spin is extremely smooth and the bar is practically silent when dropped. The more weight you put on this bar the better it feels.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
This bar has not been reviewed at Garage Gym Lab.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the American Barbell Women’s Stainless Bearing Bar.