Edge Fitness Slim Combo Bar
- Manufacturer: Edge Fitness
- Purpose: Angled and Neutral Swiss Bar
- Bar Weight: 45 lbs
- Grip Widths: 3 Widths (7.5″, 15.5″, 23.5″)
- Total Grip Options: 9
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Edge Fitness Slim Combo Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Edge Fitness Slim Combo Bar
The Edge Fitness Slim Combo Bar is a very unique bar that combines their swiss bar and their football bar into one, giving you maximum versatility.
I do not personally own this bar, but I do own the Slim Football Bar from Edge.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- 6 Grip Widths/9 Total Grip Options – The Edge Fitness Slim Combo Bar offers three angled grip widths and three neutral grip widths spaced 8″ apart at 7.5″, 15.5″, and 23.5″. By flipping the bar over, you can access the opposite angle of the football bar side, giving you nine total grip options.
- Slim Profile – The main frame of this bar is only 7″ wide vs. ~10″ on more traditional swiss bars. This allows for improved range of motion and overall less wieldy bar. With that said, this is technically two bars stacked together, so you get a thicker bar, which decreases your range of motion on movements like a chest press.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable and will fit standard racks.
- Sleeve Length – On the Slim Combo Bar, you get a sleeve length of 13.3″, which is in the wheelhouse for this style of bar.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on The Edge Fitness Slim Combo Bar are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They would very well and they’re well-priced.
From the Manufacturer
The industry exclusive Slim Combo Bar combines the Slim Football Bar and Slim Swiss Bar into an all-in-one bar.
- The majority of football and swiss style bars on the market today are simply too wide for their own good. Our sleek, slim bar design offers a 7″ width compared to the standard 10″ bar.
- The bar design creates some instability when benching, allowing your body to activate stabilizers muscles that aren’t used with a standard barbell. This feature adds a nice compliment to any training plan.
What They’re Saying at Edge Fitness
Edge Fitness does not currently offer reviews on their website.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Edge Fitness Slim Combo Bar: