Force USA G12 All-In-One Trainer
- Manufacturer: Force USA
- Rack Type: All-in-One Trainer
- Tube Size: 2×2 12-gauge
- Hole Size: 1″
- Hole Spacing: 3.75″
- Height: 89″
- Footprint: 49″ Deep/79″ Wide (49″ outside upright width)
- Interior Depth/Width: 34″/48″
- Weight: N/A
- Numbered Uprights: Yes
- Color: Black & Silver
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the Force USA G12 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Use Code ‘LAB5’ for 5% Off
Force USA G12 All-in-One Trainer
The Force USA G12 rack is a popular all-in-one-trainer in Force USA’s lineup. This rack offers a ton of versatility, has a 1:1 cable ratio (more on this below), and comes with over a dozen attachments and accessories.
This is a mid-level offering within Force USA’s selectorized all-in-one-trainer catalog. It’s an investment to be sure, but if you’re looking for maximum versatility in a very small footprint, it’s a strong option. The G6 from Force USA is the lower-cost selectorized alternative, and there are also plate-loaded options as well such as the G9 and G10 Pro.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- All-in-One Design – The benefit of having an all-in-one trainer is that it offers incredible versatility. With this unit, you can have access to a functional trainer, a smith machine, a vertical leg press, a lat pulldown/low row, and more. The utility-to-space ratio is largely unmatched when compared to traditional power racks. A potential downside to this style of rack, however, is that it can be viewed as a ‘jack of all trades, master of none.’
- Functional Trainer – A big benefit of this type of rack is that it offers an integrated functional trainer with dual weight stacks. Each stack offers 200lbs with a 1:1 ratio. While this ratio is great for max resistance and taking advantage of the full stack, it also means you’ll be getting 10lb jumps. Some users prefer a 2:1 or a 4:1 ratio, which effectively reduces the stated weight by 50% (e.g. 200lb stack equals 100lbs of resistance). If you’re someone looking for more of a strength-based all-in-one trainer, the G12 will likely appeal to you. If you’re looking for more of a functional training system, the G6 is a good option (2:1) as is the G15 which allows users to switch from 2:1 to 4:1 on the fly.
- Smith Machine – If you like the idea of a Smith Machine, which offers a fixed barbell path with integrated safety measures, then an all-in-one trainer is a great option. This smith machine on the G12 is rated for 772lb of resistance. It offers 12 hooks for racking the bar, as well as an adjustable safety spotter.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – The G12 uses 1″ holes on the front uprights with 3.75″ spacing. While 1″ holes are very common for premium racks, this spacing is unique to Force USA. This will limit you in terms of compatibility with outside attachments. Then again, this type of unit isn’t built for such things, and all-in-one trainer users typically don’t mind using a single ecosystem. These front uprights allow you to use the G12 as a power rack and they give you the option to attach various accessories like the lat pulldown holders and more.
- G12 Dimensions – The G12 is a very space-friendly rack, and it’s one of the biggest benefits of all-in-trainers in general. The G12 stands 89″ tall, which will accommodate most rooms in your house. Since the pull-up bar sits even lower than that, as long as you have 8+’ ceilings, you should be able to get adequate range of motion on your pull-ups. The rack also stands 49″ deep, which is similar to most large 4-post power racks, and it’s 79″ wide.
- Safety Options – The G12 includes a couple of notable safety features. The first is that the unit comes with J-Cups for racking your barbell and safety arms in case you fail a lift. This is extremely important, especially when performing bench press and squats. The second is that the smith machine has adjustable stoppers to effectively achieve the same result. If you fail a lift on the smith machine, the bar will simply stop wherever you have the safety mechanism set (12 height options).
- Storage Options – This rack includes several storage features. Firstly, you get 6 storage pegs that you can use to store you plates. Secondly, you get a vertical barbell holder to hold a barbell. Lastly, there are several hooks in the center section to store your attachments.
- Laser Cut Hole Numbers – The G12 includes hole numbering on the uprights for easy identification when setting up attachments.
- Assembly – The G12 does require assembly, which is rather extensive. While you can follow the instructions yourself, it’s highly recommended to watch a video to help. You can also pay for expert assembly directly on the product page.
What’s Included in the Box
The Force USA G12 includes a wide assortment of attachments as standard:
- 2 J-Cups
- 2 Safety Spotter Arms
- 2 x 200lb Weight Stacks
- 1 Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar
- 1 Landmine + Handle
- 1 Functional Training Bar
- 1 Lat Pulldown Bar
- 1 Small Grip Frame Bar
- 2 Adjustable Nylon Stirrup Handles
- 1 Pulldown Rope
- Multi-Grip Dip Handles
- Leg Press + Low Row Foot Plate
- Pull-Down Knee Holder
- Suspension Training Ring
- Barbell Storage
- Plate Storage
- Attachment Storage
- 2 Olympic Lock Collars
- 6 Olympic Spring Clips
- 2 Extension Chains
- 4 Spring Clips
- Exercise Chart
As mentioned, the G12 is a very versatile all-in-one trainer. Below are some of the things you can perform on this unit:
- Traditional Barbell Movements (squat, bench, overhead press, etc…)
- Smith Machine Movements (squat, bench, rows, etc…)
- Functional Trainer/Cable Columns (cable curls, triceps pushdowns, pec flys, etc…)
- Lat Pulldowns
- Low Rows
- Vertical Leg Press
- Suspension Training (TRX, etc…)
- Landmine/Rotational Barbell Movements
What They’re Saying at Force USA
The Force USA G12 receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.5/5, here are some of the things people have said at Forceusa.com.
- “I’ll start by saying that this is my first review ever, but I had to do it. I have been doing my research for over a month on different workout machines before I decided to go for the Monster G12 machine, it’s not cheap but once you see what you get for your money, it’s worth it, they have mastered every detail. The weights this machine brings are more than enough, also you can add some plates to the storage bars. I agree with other reviews that the full length pull of the cable system needs to be 1-2ft longer because Its very easy to bottom out if you don’t start your pull as soon as you feel tension on the cable but once you get used to it you make it work. I bought the mybench which also includes a separate leg developer and height adjustable preacher curl attachment, but I would have loved to have the lat pull down seat which is only available for the G3. The customer service this company has is impeccable. All I can say about this equipment isn’t enough to describe how good it is. Forceusa has a customer for life with me.”
- “This is a very high quality machine. I share sentiments with others on quality of some attachments. Though not terrible, it certainly isn’t on par with the machine itself. Loaded up with a full set of bumpers, an FID bench, and extra gunner barbell, this thing is a positively magnificent sight to behold sitting in my garage.”
- “The unit is sooo dope. It fit perfectly in my basement gym with enough room for my fight club punching bag. It looks like i will be canceling my planet fitness gym membership. I love the 1:1 pulley ratio. Most gyms are 2:1 which you think your lifting 200 pounds when your really lifting 100 pounds. The smith machine is perfect!!. I haven’t needed the bench as i just laid flat on the gym mat and was able to perform regular bench presses. If I want to incline i use the slant bench which keeps you lower than a traditional bench.”
- “I’ve had this monster machine 3 weeks already and its amazing. The variety of execises are endless and the size is perfect. I will highly recommend this all in one trainer to anyone. Best investment I ever made since going to gym became too difficult for me. Overall the pulley and smith machine are smooth. The attachments are all you need and quality feels good to the touch. If you thinking in getting one… do it!!!! invest in your health and save time in your life!”
- “Incredible machine. I have a small personal training gym and this fills the need to have 10 different stand-alone machines. Shipped a few days after ordering and customer service was super helpful. Like the other reviews – be prepared to spend some time putting it together. Took my 10 hours by myself…”
- “Some attachments are of lower quality but overall this is a nice all-in-one.”
- “I have NOT been able to find a FID bench that will work on the G12’s Smith Machine while inclined. Meaning I cannot perform incline bench presses on this Smith machine. I’ve tried several brands and styles of benches, and even Force USA does not offer a bench that works. “
- “The only downside is that you have to go 10-pound increments, I wish there was a 5-pound weight add-on to be able to change that.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Force USA G12, but stay tuned!
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Force USA G12.