Fringe Sport Olympic Weightlifting Bar
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 216,000
- Yield Strength: 206,900
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Olympic Weightlifting
- Shaft Finish: Hard/Matte Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bearing
- Made In: Taiwan
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar
Features & Highlights
- Matte Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag. The matte finish is a cool-looking feature that is different from the standard hard chrome.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft will generate great whip and it’s consistent with Olympic Weightlifting standards.
- Center Knurl – The Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar does offer a center knurl in a slightly less aggressive knurl pattern.
- Tensile Strength – This bar offers an impressive 216,000 PSI tensile strength, which stacks up very well against the competition.
- Grooved Sleeves – The sleeves on this bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates.
- Needle Bearings – Each sleeve offers four Taiwanese needle bearings.
- Strong Warranty – The Fringe Sport Weightlifting bar comes with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer’s defects and bending.
From the Manufacturer
The Fringe Sport Olympic Weightlifting Barbell is purpose-built to deliver you a high end Olympic Weightlifting bar that is designed for competition but priced for training.
What happens when you think about barbells… all the time?
For us, it means we want to lift on the best.
And that’s what the Fringe Sport Olympic Weightlifting bar is. Designed from the ground up to offer an unparalleled lifting experience, and engineered to do this at an amazing price.
We started with the basics- the Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar conforms to IWF standards on weight, diameter, and knurl.
Then we geeked out.
- Steel – We chose a 216,200 PSI tensile strength steel that is super strong, yet nice and whippy.
- Knurl – We went a little deeper with our knurl than most do- delivering a bar that sticks to your hands when you need it to, but is light enough for training day in and day out.
- Center knurl – We hear you, weightlifters! The center knurl is back, but we backer off the depth to give a passive (but still there) light, center knurl.
- Finish – For launch, we are offering the Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar in Matte Chrome- providing excellent corrosion resistance with a nearly-bare-steel feel.
What They’re Saying at FringeSport.com
The Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5 at fringesport.com, here are some of the things they have said:
- In addition to Fringe Sport’s customer service being top notch, their equipment doesn’t disappoint. This bar is a work of art! Fit and finish is flawless. The collars are tight and have a smooth and consistent spin. I’m very pleased with this bar!
- “Overall the quality of the barbell is fantastic. It is really well built and there is no rattle when it is dropped. The knurling is just right for me and the spin and whip on the bar is great.”
- “Wanted a quality bar at a good price that had some whip very pleased and highly recommend!”
- “I’m amazed at how well built and smooth turning this bar is. I’ve been using a non-bearing bar for so long that i had no idea what i was missing out on. I recommend this bar to anyone who is look for an affordable, well build, smooth turning, olympic lifting bar. Thank you Fringe!”
- “Have had this barbell for over a year now and wanted to put in a review. First the whip, plenty of it specially once you start hitting that 225 mark. The spin, at first during the break-in period it was great. Now that it’s been a while I will say the spin is too much, doesn’t feel smooth and controlled compared to my other OLY bars. The sleeves have play back and forth that makes it louder than when I first got it. Lastly, the knurling doesn’t feel that grippy anymore.”
- “one of the sleeves isn’t filed down evenly as there is some resistance putting plates on the last 2 inches to the collar. It also makes it difficult to remove the plate (difficulty varies depending on brand of plates) as there was an instance where I had to jump on the plate just to get it off. The other side is just fine and there is no issue with placing and removing plates.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed this bar. You can read the full review here or view the synopsis below.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar.