LUXIAOJUN Black Training Plates – KG
- Manufacturer: LUXIAOJUN
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 88/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 10 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black w/ Color Stripe/Lettering
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 6 Months on 10KG & 2 Years on 15KG+
Read below to get a detailed look at the LUXIOAJUN KG Black Training Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
LUXIAOJUN KG Black Training Plates
LUXIAOJUN KG Black Training Plates are built are very similar to the more expensive KG Competition Plates, with the main differences being durometer rating and warranty. These plates have excellent accuracy, they look great, and they’re very durable.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the KG variant – you can find the LB Black Training Plates here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 88, which is just below the 90 rating on the Competition Plates. This rating will result in a very low bounce and, while it may not be as low as the higher-end comp plates, you’re not going to have to follow your bar around the gym.
- Zinc-Plated Steel Disc – The KG Black Training Plates from LUXIAOJUN use a zinc-plated steel disc with a beautiful laser-etched logo on the smooth side. The opposite side includes 6 bolts to create a very secure hub. The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is consistent with competition-style plates and which will accommodate Olympic-sized bars nicely.
- Rim Grooves/Flanges – One of my favorite features of these plates is the LUXIOAJUN signature channel grooves near the edge. This differs from traditional flanges on other plates, but they accomplish the same thing by making it easier to carry/grip the plates.
- Weight Offerings – These plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also sold in 90KG and 140KG sets, which ship for free.
- Plate Width – The KG Black Training Plates offer the same width as the competition plates, which is a great feature since it allows for a very thin profile/more weight on the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.26″
- 15KG – 1.67″
- 20KG – 2.09″
- 25KG – 2.5″
- Durability – These plates are very durable, especially in a home gym setting. Even still, they’re built to handle thousands of drops.
- Weight Tolerance – The LUXIAOJUN KG Black Training Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 10 grams.
- Aesthetics – Aesthetically, these are beautiful plates. The color-coded raised lettering pops, the laser-etched signature is a great touch, and the channel grooves create a very cool look.
- Warranty – LUXIAOJUN warranties the 10KG plates for 6 months and all other plates for 2 years. Compare this to a full 3-year warranty on all competition plates.
What They’re Saying at luxiaojunbarbell.com
LUXIAOJUN KG Black Training Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at luxiaojunbarbell.com.
- “Arrived quickly and in good shape. Customer service was good as well. Haven’t had them for a long time but they seem to be great quality and I think they will last. Recommend.”
- “I received these a few weeks ago and wanted to get some time on the bar before writing a review. These are solid plates and the color coding makes it really easy to make sure the right weight is on the bar.”
- “I love these plates, I waited awhile for them to arrive in Texas but it was worthwhile. I did have to write lbs on the side because these are measured in KG.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the LUXIAOJUN KG Black Training Plates: