LUXIAOJUN Black Training Plates – LB
- Manufacturer: LUXIAOJUN
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 25LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 88/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 15 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black w/ Color Stripe/Lettering
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 6 Months on 25LB & 2 Years on 35LB+
Read below to get a detailed look at the LUXIOAJUN LB Black Training Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
LUXIAOJUN LB Black Training Plates
LUXIAOJUN LB Black Training Plates are built are very similar to the more expensive LB Competition Plates, with the main differences being durometer rating and warranty. These plates have excellent accuracy, they look great, and they're very durable.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the LB variant – you can find the KG Black Training Plates here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 88, which is just below the 90 rating on the Competition Plates. This rating will result in a very low bounce and, while it may not be as low as the higher-end comp plates, you're not going to have to follow your bar around the gym.
- Zinc-Plated Steel Disc – The LB Black Training Plates from LUXIAOJUN use a zinc-plated steel disc with a beautiful laser-etched logo on the smooth side. The opposite side includes 6 bolts to create a very secure hub. The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is consistent with competition-style plates and which will accommodate Olympic-sized bars nicely.
- Rim Grooves/Flanges – One of my favorite features of these plates is the LUXIOAJUN signature channel grooves near the edge. This differs from traditional flanges on other plates, but they accomplish the same thing by making it easier to carry/grip the plates.
- Weight Offerings – These plates can be purchased from 25LB up to 55LB and they're sold in pairs. They're also sold in sets ranging from 210LB up to 320LB. These sets ship for free.
- Plate Width – The LB Black Training Plates don't offer quite the same width profile as the Comp Plates, but these are still very narrow. Plate widths are as follows:
- 25LB – 1.38″
- 35LB – 1.67″
- 45LB – 2.09″
- 55LB – 2.5″
- Durability – These plates are very durable, especially in a home gym setting. Even still, they're built to handle thousands of drops.
- Weight Tolerance – The LUXIAOJUN LB Black Training Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 15 grams.
- Aesthetics – Aesthetically, these are great-looking plates. They have a unique laser-etched signature on the hub, raised color-coded lettering, and of course the channel grooves.
- Warranty – LUXIAOJUN warranties the 25LB plates for 6 months and all other plates for 2 years. Compare this to a full 3-year warranty on all competition plates.
What They're Saying at luxiaojunbarbell.com
LUXIAOJUN LB Black Training Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at luxiaojunbarbell.com.
- “We’ve been using the new plates for a week and love them. Just ordered the smaller set!”
- “The training plates are a great design. Have a very high end feel and look to them.”
- “Very good. Good customer service and quick delivery.”
- “Amazing! So happy!”
- “My one major complaint is the smell. I had to air them out for a few days outside and use almost a half bottle of Odo-Ban on them before I could leave them out in my apartment uncovered without it smelling like what I imagine a rubber or tire factory smells like. Now that the smell is mostly gone I am happy to have gotten such a high quality product at a great price”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the LUXIAOJUN LB Black Training Plates: