LUXIAOJUN E1 Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: LUXIAOJUN
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 85/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.6mm
- Color: Black
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 90 Days on 10-15LB & 3 Years on 25LB+
Read below to get a detailed look at the LUXIOAJUN E1 Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
LUXIAOJUN E1 Bumper Plates
The LUXIAOJUN E1 Bumper Plates are some of the nicest economy bumper plates currently on the market. Not only do they look great with the raised lettering, deep side-channel grooves, and matte finish, but they have solid specs to boot.
These plates are sold in pairs and they also come in a variety of set options.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – The E1 Bumper Plates from LUXIAOJUN carry a durometer rating of 85, which is consistent with similar-style plates. The higher the durometer rating, the harder the material, and the lower bounce. A rating of 85 produces a low bounce that will prevent you from having to chase your bar around the gym. For perspective, a competition-style plate carries a rating of 90+, while bouncy Hi-Temps carry a 75 rating. The 10LB and 15LB E1 plates carry a rating of 90.
- Center Ring – These plates use a steel center ring insert that measures 50.6mm in diameter. This is slightly larger than the 50.4mm on some other plates, but this will accommodate Olympic-sized bars well.
- Rim Grooves/Flanges – One interesting design feature of these plates is the channel grooves near the rim. This differs from traditional flanges on other plates, but they accomplish the same thing by making it easier to carry/grip the plates. I really like the way the channel grooves make the plates look.
- Weight Offerings – LUXIAOJUN E1 Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 55LB and they're sold in pairs. They're also available in sets ranging from 100LB up to 550LB, which is the most comprehensive set offerings on the market. Sets ship for free.
- Plate Width – The E1 Bumpers are some of the thinnest economy-style plates, which may allow for more weight on the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 0.9″
- 15LB – 1.1″
- 25LB – 1.57″
- 35LB – 2.2″
- 45LB – 2.75″
- 55LB – 3.34″
- Durability – The E1 Bumpers haven't been on the market as long as some plates, but durability is expected to at least be on par with similar plates. As with this design for any manufacturer, things to look out for over time include the center ring loosening and the rubber chipping. It's not recommended to drop the 10LB or 15LB plates by themselves since they're the most susceptible to warping.
- Weight Tolerance – The E1 Bumpers have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very accurate, especially for an economy bumper where you'll sometimes see tolerances up to 3%.
- Aesthetics – In my opinion, these are easily the best-looking black bumpers on the market. The matte finish, the channel grooves, the logo, the raised lettering… everything just looks crisp.
- Warranty – LUXIAOJUN offers a 90-day warranty on 10LB-15LB plates and a 3-year warranty on 25LB+ plates.
What They're Saying at Luxiaojunbarbell.com
LUXIAOJUN E1 Bumper Plates receive excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at luxiaojunbarbell.com.
- “Put them through a couple lifting sessions, and they’re holding up just fine. No damages after dropping from my waist, shoulder, or overhead height. Glad I picked these up, and will definitely pick up another bundle.”
- “Bumpers are high quality, great price and arrived in a few days. Hard to find anything else even kinda close.”
- “They arrived so quickly, free shipping, and they’re the best price I’ve found. When I need more, I’ll be ordering them from here.”
- “These arrived a lot quicker than I expected – faster than the equipment that I paid a ton in shipping for from Rogue. They look a lot nicer in person than in the pictures. And they slide smoothly onto my bar. I haven't weighed these but they feel pretty spot on. The weights are very close to what they're supposed to be. My uncalibrated digital scale read the 45s as 45-45.4 pounds. The other plates were all close, too.”
- “10/10, no joke. Love these plates. Better than expectations.”
- “The prices are comparable or better than what you can get in stock right now, and the quality legit surprised me as well. No flaws that I am seeing and they fit nice and snug and a variety of bars. The bumpers are a little oily to start but some chalk on my hands has helped over the last 2 weeks. Really good deal in my opinion.”
- “Only temporary drawback is the oil residue on the plates from shipping.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The LUXIAOJUN E1 Bumper Plates were a winner in the Garage Gym Lab Best Weight Plate Awards.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the LUXIAOJUN E1 Bumper Plates.