LUXIAOJUN TQ Color Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: LUXIAOJUN
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 5KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: NA/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.5mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the LUXIOAJUN TQ Color Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
LUXIAOJUN TQ Color Bumper Plates
The LUXIAOJUN TQ Color Bumper Plates are very nicely spec’d economy bumpers with a full color scheme, medium bounce, and solid user feedback.
These plates are only sold in a KG variant. If you’re looking for a LB option, the E1 Bumper Plates are a great choice, but they don’t offer color.
These plates are ideal for CrossFit and general lifting, but they can also be used effectively for Olympic Weightlifting and powerlifting given their medium bounce and width.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Medium Bounce – LUXIAOJUN doesn’t state a durometer rating, but the TQ plates offer a medium bounce, which translates to around an 85 durometer. For perspective, competition-style plates carry a rating of 90+ while crumb bumpers (e.g. Hi-Temps) carry around a 75.
- Center Ring – These plates use a stainless steel center ring insert with a 50.5mm diameter. This is consistent with similar plates, if not slightly larger by 0.1mm, and it accommodates Olympic-sized barbells nicely.
- Rim Grooves/Flanges – Staying true to their roots, these plates offer the signature LUXIOAJUN channel grooves near the edges of the plates. This differs from traditional flanges on other plates, but they accomplish the same thing by making it easier to carry/grip the plates.
- Weight Offerings – LUXIAOJUN TQ Color Bumper Plates can be purchased from 5KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They can also be purchased in 140kg and 150kg sets, which ship for free.
- Plate Width – These bumpers are some of the thinnest on the market in this economy-style plate class, which is a big benefit since this allows for more weight on the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 5KG – 0.98″
- 10KG – 1.34″
- 15KG – 1.85″
- 20KG – 2.36″
- 25KG – 2.78″
- Durability – The TQ Bumpers haven’t been on the market as long as some plates, but durability is expected to at least be on par with similar plates. As with this design for any manufacturer, things to look out for over time include the center ring loosening and the rubber chipping. It’s not recommended to drop the 5KG or 10KG plates by themselves since they’re the most susceptible to warping.
- Weight Tolerance – The TQ Color Bumpers from LUXIAOJUN have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very competitive on this style of plate.
- Aesthetics – These are impressive-looking plates in this bumper class. They have a vibrant color scheme, raised white lettering, channel grooves, and a raised signature on each plate above the center ring.
What They’re Saying at Luxiaojunbarbell.com
LUXIAOJUN TQ Color Bumper Plates receive very good feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at luxiaojunbarbell.com.
- “So far the Lu Xiao Jun plates have been great! I generally do powerlifting movements but am interesting in olympic weightlifting. Each and every place is a bright color making it easy to know how many Kgs are on the bar. For an American, switching to Kilos is a little bit of a hurdle but totally worth it to get your hands on these plates.”
- “These plates look great, are durable, and fit the sleeve of an Olympic barbell perfectly.”
- “No regrets with my order. Shipped within 14 days. I would order from this website again”
- “I absolutely love the quality of these bumper plates. Very well thought out in design, fit and finish is perfect down to the smallest detail. Colors are beautiful and even. I wish I would have ordered 2 sets! Luxiaojun demonstrates pride and perfection in his products, as well in his lifts, and his character. I love these products!”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the LUXIAOJUN TQ Color Bumper Plates.