LUXIAOJUN Urethane Bumper Plates – KG
- Manufacturer: LUXIAOJUN
- Plate Type: Urethane Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 85/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.5mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 3 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the LUXIOAJUN Urethane Plates (KG) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
LUXIAOJUN KG Urethane Bumper Plates
LUXIAOJUN KG Urethane Plates are some of the nicest-looking bumper plates on the market. These plates are well spec’d, well reviewed, high-quality, and very durable.
They’re great for all styles of lifting including Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, CrossFit, general training, etc…
This is the KG version – LUXIAOUN also carries LB Urethane Bumper Plates.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Urethane – Urethane is a premium material that offers several benefits compared to rubber. It’s more durable, it’s odorless, and it produces more vibrant colors. It’s also less expensive in the case of the LUXIAOJUN plates as compared to their Competition Plates.
- Minimal Bounce – These plates have a high durometer rating of 85, which will produce a low bounce. These don’t have the highest rating among urethane plates, but you can rest assured that you won’t be chasing your bar around the gym.
- Chrome-Plated Steel Disc – The LUXIAOJUN KG Urethane Bumper Plates have a 140mm hard chrome center hub, which is smaller than a competition/training disc and larger than the center ring on traditional rubber bumpers. The hubs are very durable and, unlike larger discs, they are one-piece construction and they don’t require any bolts.
- Rim Grooves/Flanges – One interesting design feature of these plates is the channel grooves near the rim. This differs from traditional flanges on other plates, but they accomplish the same thing by making it easier to carry/grip the plates. I really like the way the channel grooves make the plates look.
- Weight Offerings – LUXIAOJUN Urethane KG Plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in 90KG and 140KG sets, which ship for free.
- Plate Width – Urethane plates also have the benefit of being very thin. Depending on the weight increment, they can be thinner than competition plates. For example, the 55LB and 45LB plates are slightly thinner than their competition rubber equivalents, but the 25LB and 35LB plates are slightly larger. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.57″
- 15KG – 1.89″
- 20KG – 2.09″
- 25KG – 2.28″
- Durability – Urethane is a very resilient material, which makes these plates some of the best in the durability department. They have an excellent track record of standing up to constant abuse, whether in a commercial setting or a home gym setting. These plates will perform very well for a very long time, especially if you’re training in a home/garage gym.
- Texture – The plates have a pebble grain texture to them that helps your grip, but they aren’t quite as grippy as rubber competition plates. Urethane tends to be a little slicker. The channel groove will, however, help.
- Weight Tolerance – LUXIAOJUN Urethane KG Plates have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very accurate.
- Aesthetics – These plates look outstanding. Their colors are vibrant, the channel grooves look great, the contrasting raised lettering pops off the bumper, and the laser etched logo on the center hub is a very nice touch.
What They’re Saying at luxiaojunbarbell.com
LUXIAOJUN KG Urethane Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at luxiaojunbarbell.com.
- “These urethane bumpers are beautiful! I received them not too long after ordering and the packaging kept them safe- each bumper is individually-packed (10kg being the exception) into a box which is then wrapped in shipping plastic for extra durability. Out of the packaging these are not too oily, the color is consistent, and no funky burrs or extra material from the seams. The metal is smooth and, for me, defect-free.”
- “Very happy with the urethane plates. They look great and aren’t too bouncy. They even have a slightly beveled edge so they are easier to pickup when lying on the ground.”
- “The best plates I have ever used. I have an Eleiko competition bar. The plates look amazing. Buy them while you can.”
- “I love the team at LU. They answer every question and their social media is so friendly. I have bought 4 sets of plates (2 urethane versions), change plates, shorts, and Saturday got the stainless steel power bar. Lu keeps putting out great products.”
- “These are definitely some of the best plates you can buy for the money. Vibrant colors, single piece solid core hub, low bounce. You really can’t go wrong with them. The only negative is they are slightly slippery to hold on to but with chalk already on my hands, it’s not really that big of a deal.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
The LUXIAOJUN KG Urethane Plates were a winner in the Garage Gym Lab Best Bumper Plate Awards.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the LUXIAOJUN KG Urethane Bumper Plates.