LUXIAOJUN Urethane Bumper Plates – LB
- Manufacturer: LUXIAOJUN
- Plate Type: Urethane Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 25LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 85/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.5mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 3 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the LUXIOAJUN Urethane Plates (LB) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
LUXIAOJUN LB Urethane Bumper Plates
LUXIAOJUN LB Urethane Plates are some of the nicest-looking bumper plates on the market. These plates are well spec’d, well reviewed, high-quality, and very durable.
They’re great for all styles of lifting including Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, CrossFit, general training, etc…
This is the LB version – LUXIAOUN also carries KG Urethane Bumper Plates.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Urethane – Urethane is a premium material that offers several benefits compared to rubber. It’s more durable, it’s odorless, and it produces more vibrant colors. It’s also less expensive in the case of the LUXIAOJUN plates as compared to their Competition Plates.
- Minimal Bounce – These plates have a high durometer rating of 85, which will produce a low bounce. These don’t have the highest rating among urethane plates, but you can rest assured that you won’t be chasing your bar around the gym.
- Chrome-Plated Steel Disc – The LUXIAOJUN LB Urethane Bumper Plates have a 140mm hard chrome center hub, which is smaller than a competition/training disc and larger than the center ring on traditional rubber bumpers. The hubs are very durable and, unlike larger discs, they are one-piece construction and they don’t require any bolts.
- Rim Grooves/Flanges – One interesting design feature of these plates is the channel grooves near the rim. This differs from traditional flanges on other plates, but they accomplish the same thing by making it easier to carry/grip the plates. I really like the way the channel grooves make the plates look.
- Weight Offerings – LUXIAOJUN LB Urethane Plates can be purchased from 25LB up to 55LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 210LB up to 320LB. Pricing on sets includes free shipping.
- Plate Width – Urethane plates also have the benefit of being very thin. Depending on the weight increment, they can be thinner than competition plates. For example, the 55LB and 45LB plates are slightly thinner than their competition rubber equivalents, but the 25LB and 35LB plates are slightly larger. Plate widths are as follows:
- 25LB – 1.57″
- 35LB – 1.89″
- 45LB – 2.09″
- 55LB – 2.28″
- Durability – Urethane is a very resilient material, which makes these plates some of the best in the durability department. They have an excellent track record of standing up to constant abuse, whether in a commercial setting or a home gym setting. These plates will perform very well for a very long time, especially if you’re training in a home/garage gym.
- Texture – The plates have a pebble grain texture to them that helps your grip, but they aren’t quite as grippy as rubber competition plates. Urethane tends to be a little slicker. The channel groove will, however, help.
- Weight Tolerance – LUXIAOJUN Urethane Plates have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very accurate.
- Aesthetics – These plates look outstanding. Their colors are vibrant, the channel grooves look great, the contrasting raised lettering pops off the bumper, and the laser etched logo on the center hub is a very nice touch.
What They’re Saying at luxiaojunbarbell.com
LUXIAOJUN LB Urethane Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at luxiaojunbarbell.com.
- “These Urethane Bumper Plates are the freakin bomb. First off they were in stock. Secondly the quality is top notch. I highly recommend these. It’s worth the extra money to purchase these.”
- “Look and feel great. Definitely worth the purchase. Speedy delivery didn’t hurt either!”
- “I love the weights. No more clanging. They are easy to handle, the fit and finish is perfect as expected. Wish the smaller weights were more available.”
- “I’ve only received my 55s so far but the plates look amazing and are incredibly durable. I didn’t like my color echo plates because of how quickly they showed scuffs and I’ve dropped these plates dozens of times now and they look brand new. Customer Service has also been phenomenal so far with answering any questions I have!”
- “Shipping was fast and I cannot complain about anything :)”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
The LUXIAOJUN LB Urethane Plates were a winner in the Garage Gym Lab Best Bumper Plate Awards.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the LUXIAOJUN LB Urethane Bumper Plates.