Titan T-3 Folding Rack
- Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
- Rack Type: Wall-Mount Rack
- Tube Size: 2×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 82.375″ or 91.375″
- Footprint: 22.5″ or 42″ Deep/46″ Wide
- Weight: 140lb-175lb
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan T-3 Folding Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Titan T-3 Folding Rack
The Titan T-3 Folding Rack is the most economical wall-mount rack that Titan makes. Built with 2×3 uprights, 5/8″ holes, and westside spacing, there’s a lot to like about this considering the price.
With “floating” crossmembers, this rack can handle sloped garage floors. And with UHMW plastic feet, your flooring won’t get damaged no matter where you mount this rack. You can purchase the rack with a 21″ or 41″ depth and an 82″ or 91″ height.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The T-3 Folding Rack from Titan is constructed with 2×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 2×3 steel is very sturdy and it’s capable of handling virtually anything you can throw at it.
- Wall-Mount Design – Wall-mount racks are popular for lifters who are working with tight space constraints. The most common place you’ll see this style of rack is in a garage because when it’s folded up, you can still park a car. This is a very efficient style of rack that takes up practically no room when folded. This rack folds into itself and retracts very easily once the quick-attach pull-up bar is removed. By folding in, there are no additional height constraints as may exist on racks that fold up.
- Assembly & Installation – This rack can be mounted to a variety of surfaces, including wood studs and concrete. Most home gym owners will be mounting to studs. Titan provides mounting assembly hardware with the rack. Titan does not currently offer a steel stringer option, so you will need to purchase a wooden stringer from your local hardware store. It’s recommended to buy two pieces of wood measuring 2″x10″x52″. If your floor has a slope, you may need to add a shim underneath one of the uprights.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate many of Titan’s T-3 Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The T-3 Folding Rack offers Westside hole spacing, which is a popular feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them. If you have more aggressive sloping in your floor, you can use the spacing to mount the uprights at different levels.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack can be purchased in two sizes: 21″ or 41″ depth. The total footprint of both is 22.5″ deep x 46″ wide or 42″ deep x 46″ wide, respectively. In terms of the uprights themselves, the total width is 47″. One of the main benefits of a 2×3 rack is the narrower width (46″). This gives you more room to cleanly un-rack and re-rack your bar without concern of clipping the uprights with the plates on the bar. The total height of the system will either be 82.375″ or 91.375″ depending on which option you select.
- Safety Options – The T-3 Folding Rack does not come with any safety options as standard. It is highly recommended that you purchase the safety spotter arms so that you can confidently lift on the rack. These spotter arms can also allow for rack pulls and other movements.
- No Color Options – This rack is only available in black powder coat.
What’s Included in the Box
The Titan T-3 Folding Rack includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) J-Cups
- (4) Mounting Brackets
- (1) Mounting Hardware Package
- (6) Hitch Pins
- (1) Quick-attach Pull-Up Bar
- (2) UHMW Plastic Caps for Floor Protection
- (4) 21″ or 41″ Crossmembers
- (2) 82″ or 91″ Uprights
Titan does not sell a steel stringer. You can purchase a wooden one from your local hardware store. It’s strongly recommended that you do so for increased stability.
The Titan T-3 Folding Rack is constructed with 2×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with Titan’s T-3 Attachments.
The monolift makes it much easier to unrack on bench press, the spotter arms are essential for safety outside of the rack, and the dip bar makes for a portable dip station.
As for attachment compatibility outside of Titan Fitness, two notable places to look are Rogue Fitness and Fringe Sport. Both companies offer attachments that will fit 2×3 and 5/8″ hardware. One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks. This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at Titan Fitness
The Titan T-3 Folding Rack receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.7/5, here are some of the things people have said at titan.fitness.
- “I’ve had this rack for about 4 months now. I got the T-3 Folding Tall (91″ tall, 41″ out). I got the folding so if I ever needed to park in my garage I could, but since its been set up i have yet to fold it. Installation wasn’t too bad, i recommend watching a YouTube video on it first and having two people. One thing I wanted to mention was that even with the 91″ tall version, i have to have the pull up bar as high up as it goes (with the bracing of the pull up bar sticking up over the top of the rig posts) and im 6’0″ tall and can still reach the bar without jumping. A taller person might have trouble with feet touching the ground doing kipping pull-ups. Other than that i am extremely happy with it, it shakes a little bit doing kipping stuff, but i have no worries of it going anywhere. I got the T3 barbell holders and weight holders too. Can’t really beat it for the price.”
- “It installs relatively easy and once up is super sturdy —but can collapse to give space back. It’s awesome for a great workout but can be collapsed for extra room in the garage. I highly recommend it!”
- “The rack is fantastic. It was easy to install and is very sturdy. We are happy with the how solid the system is and how it offers so many options for our workouts.”
- “Excellent rack. Not difficult to install at all. Super value for money. Very high quality.”
- “Love everything about this rack, it even showed up a week early. Had to go with the short option to accommodate the low ceiling in my garage, but it works perfect. I used 2×10 stringers on the wall before bolting up the rack, ran them long and used the excess space to mount barbell holder and hooks for accessories.”
- “Great Quality and Functionality. This fit perfectly in my garage and I only have 7 ft ceilings. Its exceeded my expectations at this point. I’ve had it for a few months now. Would highly recommend especially if your working with limited space.”
- None noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Titan T-3 Folding Rack was a winner in the 2022 Best Folding Squat Rack Awards by Garage Gym Lab.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Titan T-3 Folding Rack.