Vulcan Elite Half Rack
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Rack Type: Half Rack
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 1″
- Hole Spacing: 2″
- Height: 96″
- Footprint: 57″ Deep/49″ Wide (49″ Upright Width)
- Weight: 400lb
- Numbered Uprights: Yes
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan Elite Half Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Elite Half Rack
The Vulcan Elite Half Rack is a very high-quality half-rack with impressive specs. This rack is built with 3×3 11-gauge steel, 1″ hardware, and 2″ hole spacing.
It offers laser-cut numbering, two barbell holders, and built-in beg bands at the top and bottom. It includes plate storage, safety spotters, and accessory hooks as standard. It also includes an optional multi-grip pull-up bar with three handles.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The Elite Half Rack from Vulcan Strength is constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s easily assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is becoming increasingly popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic.
- Space-Friendly Design – Half racks are sized similarly to smaller 4-post racks with the main difference being that you will mainly lift outside of the rack. This allows for convenient on-rack storage on the back uprights, which can be challenging on a 4-post rack when lifting inside.
- No Bolt-Down Required – One of the biggest benefits of this half rack is that you don’t have to bolt it down to the ground. With its U-shaped support base that extends off the front of the rack, there’s no tipping concern. Vulcan still gives you the option to bolt down if you prefer.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 1″ hardware, which is also increasing in popularity. 1″ hardware racks tend to get the best, most refined attachments. The rack will accommodate many of Vulcan’s 3×3 Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The Vulcan Elite Half Racks has 2″ hole spacing throughout, which is standard for 1″ holes. This rack also includes 1″ side holes spaced every other hole, which provides further versatility in attachment selection.
- Built-in Band Pegs – This rack includes built-in band pegs at the top and bottom. This allows lifters to use a normal band setup or a reverse band setup. There are a total of 12 band pegs to choose from.
- Pull-Up Option – The Elite Half Rack has an option to add a multi-grip pull-up option with 3 different handles. This multi-grip setup is a great feature relative to some other half-racks on the market.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack has a total length of 57″ and a total width of 73″ (includes footplates and plate storage posts). The uprights themselves are 49″ wide, which is fairly common for 3×3 racks. One of the downsides to this width is you have less room between the uprights and the plates. This requires a more efficient walk-out/re-rack since there’s a greater risk of hitting the uprights with your plates. The rack sits 96″ tall.
- Safety Options – Unlike many half-racks on the market that require safety spotters as an additional purchase, Vulcan includes them as standard on the Elite Half Rack. These 24″ long spotters have UHMW on the top to protect your barbells and they provide additional versatility in the form of rack pulls and more.
- Lasered Hole Numbers – This rack includes laser-cut numbers on every hole, which is a great feature for easy adjustments on J-cups, safeties, etc… It’s also much more aesthetic than non-numbered uprights, in my opinion.
- No Color Options – This rack is only available in a black color scheme.
What’s Included in the Box
The Vulcan Elite Half Rack includes the following pieces as standard:
- (2) J-Cups with UHMW Lining
- (2) Safety Spotter Arms
- (12) Band Pegs
- (6) Accessory Hooks for Storage
- (1) Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar w/ 3 Handles (Optional)
- (1) Dip Horn (Optional)
- (8) Storage Posts
- (2) Barbell Holders
- (4) Uprights w/ Side Holes
The Vulcan Elite Half Rack is constructed with 3×3 steel and 1″ hardware, which is compatible with Vulcan’s Elite Attachments.
The PRO J-Hooks are an improvement over the standard cups, the dip horn allows for a portable dip station, and the multi-grip pull-up bar creates great variety.
As for attachment compatibility outside of Vulcan Strength, notable places to look are Rogue Fitness, REP Fitness, Sorinex, Titan Fitness, Fray Fitness, Griffin Fitness, and Fringe Sport. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 1″ hardware (Rogue Monster, REP PR-5000, Various Sorinex, Titan Series, Fray Savage, Griffin GR3, Fringe 3×3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks (Rogue and Sorinex). This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at Vulcan Strength
The Vulcan Elite Half Rack receives great, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at vulcanstrength.com.
- “Great quality and very sturdy. All the parts came and it was delivered on time. Assembly wasn’t too bad, but you definitely need two people to put it up.”
- “I ordered two racks and a bench from you guys. I just got the gear in and set up and I am very pleased. The equipment is rock solid, the finish looks awesome, and EVERY single part was included.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Vulcan Elite Half Rack.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Elite Half Rack.