Vulcan One Basic Bushing Bar
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Purpose: Multi-purpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual/multi-purpose
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bronze Bushing
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 4 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan One Basic Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan One Basic Bushing Bar
The Vulcan One Basic Bushing Bar is a no-frills multi-purpose bar with Olympic Weightlifting leanings.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft on the Vulcan One Basic Bushing Bar is consistent with Olympic Weightlifting bars despite it being a multi-purpose bar. This diameter will offer a comfortable grip and a whippy shaft ideal for Oly lifts.
- Dual Knurl Marks – This bar offers dual knurl marks, making it a multi-purpose bar.
- Tensile Strength – The 190k PSI tensile strength is in the wheelhouse for multi-purpose bars.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves are also finished in hard chrome.
- Bushings – The bar offers a bronze bushing rotation system.
- No Center Knurl – The Vulcan One Basic Bushing Bar does not offer a center knurl, making it ideal for high volume/rep training. It will generally be a more comfortable bar.
From the Manufacturer
The Vulcan One Basic Olympic Bar is an excellent bar for Beginner to intermediate conventional strength training and/or CrossFit® Workouts. The steel used in this bar was batch tested and verified at 190 k tensile strength minimum. This bar is made from standard pre-heat treated steel rod of 28 mm diameter. The One Basic is a very affordable, highly durable, and effective Olympic bar that performs as well as, or out performs bars with equivalent specifications. This bar is not recommended or warrantied for commercial gym or CrossFit Gym use. This is a great barbell for home or garage gym use.
What They’re Saying at Vulcan Strength
The Vulcan One Basic Bushing Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 5/5 average rating at vulcanstrength.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “Good quality and value for money. Knurling is just right, not too rough that your hands get torn up but still provides a good grip.”
- “Deciding to leave my local gym, I went online to search for home equipment. This bar was well reviewed and I can see why. I can’t imagine a better bar for the price I paid. With weights/bars being so hard to find and price inflation rampant, I respect Vulcan for keeping its prices and free shipping in check. Totally worth the wait.”
- “Great barbell for the price. I thought it was to good to be true before I got my hands on it. It’s solid and so comfortable. I love Vulcan and their craftsmanship.”
- “Great bar for the home gym. Spin could be better but for the price it does all that I want. Knurl is plenty for all around lifting.”
- “I bought the Vulcan Basic Bar and have so far been delighted with it. It is priced very well for such a well-made bar, it has a hard chrome finish so it should require little maintenance, and the spins are long and smooth. Compared to the battered, frozen bars at my gym this is a huge improvement. Vulcan seems to have staked its claim as offering the best equipment at the best price.”
- “The build quality is top notch; knurling is medium/mild. I haven’t used enough weight yet to test the whip or any of that; all I know is that the bar spin is good and there is no play in the bushings. I’d recommend!”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan One Basic Bushing Bar.