Bells of Steel Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0
- Manufacturer: Bells of Steel
- Purpose: Multipurpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 240,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: 4 Needle Bearings and 1 Stainless Steel Bushing in each sleeve
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Bells of Steel Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Bells of Steel Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0
The Bells of Steel Olympic Weightlifting bar 2.0 is a budget-friendly Oly bar with a 28mm shaft and needle bearings.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft will generate great whip and it’s consistent with Olympic Weightlifting standards. If you’re using this bar for powerlifting, you’ll be able to set a hook grip more easily and it will be effective in overload training, but you will experience more whip than the traditional 29mm power bar or even the 28.5mm traditional multi-purpose bar.
- No Center Knurl – The Bells of Steel Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0 does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
- Tensile Strength – This bar offers a very high 240,000 PSI tensile strength, which is one of the highest in the industry.
- Grooved Sleeves – The sleeves on this bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates.
From the Manufacturer
The B.o.S. Olympic Weightlifting Barbell 2.0 is dollar for dollar the best weightlifting bar you can buy.
The B.o.S. bar is designed for Olympic weightlifting, with the perfect amount of spin and durable construction this bar is built to last. CrossFit boxes, weightlifting clubs, home gyms and even military bases across the country have been stocked with the B.o.S. barbell.
We upgraded the quality of the steel and the 2.0 bars have a whopping 240kpsi. Going with a better quality steel also decreased the weight tolerance to 1% (how close the bar is to it’s claimed weight of 20kg), as well as the bar straightness accuracy to +-.25mm (no bar is perfectly straight).
With 4 needle bearings and one stainless steel bushing per sleeve this bar has the ultimate spin. We machined grooves into the sleeves, this helps to prevent plates from slipping off and makes the collars fit tighter.
What They’re Saying at Bellsofsteel.us
The Bells of Steel Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0 receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5 at bellsofsteel.us, here are some of the things they have said:
- “I ordered this bar and it was on my doorstep in 28 hours from purchase. That is insane! The bar itself is awesome. I like the medium knurling and the spin is phenomenal. Cannot get a better Olympic bar for the price.”
- “I love this bar. Came in oiled and ready to go. It has good whip and spin. Allows me to perform any movement I want. I would recommend this bar to anyone.”
- “This bar really surpassed my expectations. I’ve been lifting at a variety of different gyms for just over 10 years now and have tried out many different bars and this one stands out for it’s fantastic, highly consistent spin.”
- “This is a superb barbell. The grip is amazing, perfect grip but not too aggressive that it shreds your hands. Spin is very smooth. The bar has great flex, not too whippy, flexes beautifully.”
- “The spin on the collars is smooth and consistent. The knurling is fairly aggressive but great for low rep sets. The barbell has good whip too. Great bar for the Olympic lifts.”
- “The bar spin is slower than I expected for a needle bearing bar. Also, one side spins more freely/fast than the other. I guess I can’t really complain, considering the price. Better than most bars in the same price range. If I were a more serious lifter, I’d likely go with something higher quality.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Bells of Steel Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0