Bridge Built Clydesdale Power Bar
- Manufacturer: Bridge Built
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 210,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Sleeve Finish: Yellow Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Bridge Built Clydesdale Power Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Bridge Built Clydesdale Power Bar
The Bridge Built Clydesdale Power Bar is a USA-made powerlifting bar with a Cerakote shaft and a unique yellow zinc sleeve finish.
I own this bar in my personal collection.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Finish – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of a bare steel, stainless steel, etc… shaft.
- Aggressive”ish” Knurling – The knurling on the Clydesdale Power Bar is fairly aggressive, but not overly so. It's characterized by a volcano pattern that has a nice texture, which gives a solid grip. It reminds me of the Rogue Ohio Power Bar in many ways: volcano pattern, nice grip, not overly aggressive.
- 29mm Shaft – The 29mm shaft on this bar creates a very rigid shaft that's ideal for the big 3 movements. It's also spec'd to IPF standards.
- IPF Knurl Marks – This bar offers single powerlifting knurl marks spec'd to IPF requirements.
- Tensile Strength – The Clydesdale Power Bar offers a 210,000 PSI tensile strength, which places it on the higher-end of power bars.
- Grooved, Yellow Zinc Sleeves – This bar offers grooved sleeves, which tend to keep plates on the bar better when you're not using a collar. The downside is that they will produce a zip noise when loading and unloading plates. Another unique quality of this bar is the yellow zinc that gives off a gold look. Over time, as plates slide on and off, you can expect the finish to dull somewhat and show some imperfections.
- Bushings – The bar offers a bronze bushing rotation system, which is very common with a power bar.
- Center Knurl – This bar includes a center knurl in the same knurl pattern as the rest of the bar.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty.
- Made in America – The Clydesdale Power Bar is made in the USA.
What They're Saying at Bridgebuilt.com
The Bridge Built Clydesdale Power Bar has received very positive, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5 at bridgebuilt.com, here are some of the things they have said:
- “I’ve had this bar for about a month now, and I’ve loved every workout. The knurling is nice and grippy without being too aggressive, I think due to the cerakote finish. The bronze color is great to look at and pairs well with the yellow zinc collars.”
- “These collars do scuff up easily, so that color will fade eventually, but still, an excellent power bar.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has owns this bar and is currently in process of reviewing it. Stay tuned for updates.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the The Bridge Built Clydesdale Power Bar.