Eleiko IWF Weightlifting Training Bar
- Manufacturer: Eleiko
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 215,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Smooth
- Rotation System: Needle Bearing
- Made In: Sweden
- Warranty: 12 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the Eleiko IWF Weightlifting Training Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Eleiko IWF Weightlifting Training Bar
The Eleiko IWF Weightlifting Training Bar is a high-end Olympic Weightlifting bar that is certified by the IWF to be used in competition.
Equipped with a 28mm hard chrome shaft, Olympic knurl marks, needle bearings, a center knurl, and a 215,000 PSI tensile strength, it’s spec’d to handle all of your Olympic weightlifting needs.
The two differences between this bar and the more expensive Competition version are that this bar has a less aggressive knurling and a 12-year warranty vs. a lifetime warranty.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome Finish – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- IWF Certified – This bar has been approved by the International Weightlifting Federation to be used in competition.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft will generate great whip and it’s consistent with Olympic Weightlifting standards.
- Center Knurl – The Eleiko IWF Weightlifting Training Bar does include a center knurl, which is helpful on the platform for PR attempts.
- Medium Knurl Pattern – The Training bar has less aggressive knurling than the competition bar, which is more suitable for higher rep training sessions.
- Tensile Strength – This bar offers a 215,000 PSI tensile strength, which stacks up well against the competition.
- Dustproof Seal – This bar includes a dustproof seal in the sleeve that prevents dust and other debris from entering the mechanics of the bar, ensuring optimal performance.
- Smooth Sleeves – The smooth sleeves will generally create less noise when loading/unloading plates compared to a grooved sleeve.
- Swedish Made – This bar is made in Sweden using some of the finest steel in the industry.
From the Manufacturer
Certified by the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) this bar is designed specifically for training for competitive Olympic weightlifting and used by professional lifters in training halls and facilities around the world. The training bar delivers the feel and performance of our competition bar but with less sharp knurling making the bar appropriate for a higher volume of lifting. Crafted in Sweden, the bar’s high performance is the result of precision needle bearings that disperse the load evenly through the shaft to deliver uniform rotation at all loads. Proprietary steel and chrome coating provides the optimal balance between strength and elasticity to deliver the ultimate lifting experience.
Optimal Rotation – The re-engineered sleeve construction is specifically designed to deliver a more stable and controlled rotation. The rotation is optimized for smooth performance under load giving lifters a more connected and precise experience.
Lasting Performance – Redesigned bearings, improved greasing processes and a dustproof seal keeps critical parts well lubricated and operating at their best with minimal maintenance.
Refined Knurling – An aggressive grip tailored to competitive settings and ensuring a secure hold on the bar.
Strong yet Flexible – We enhanced the surface treatment and hardening process of our proprietary Swedish steel to make our bars even stronger without sacrificing the legendary flexibility that forms the foundation of the coveted “Eleiko feeling.”
Handcrafted with Care – Skilled craftsmen meticulously build each bar ensuring they are completed to our exacting standards. Our bars are rigorously tested, their performance unmatched and our quality guaranteed.
Precision Bearings – High-quality precision needle bearings minimize friction to help weight move smoothly at high speeds and ensure weight will not lock up mid-spin, protecting shoulders and wrists from injury.
Magnetic Brush – Every bar is delivered with a brush to clean chalk from your bar after use. Stick it you your storage, squat rack, chalk stand or platform frame, the magnet in the handle keeps the brush where you need it most.
What They’re Saying at Eleiko.com
Eleiko does not currently offer on-site reviews.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Eleiko IWF Weightlifting Training Bar: