Fringe Sport Power Bar
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 216,000
- Yield Strength: 206,900
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Hard/Matte Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Sleeve Finish: Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: Taiwan
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Fringe Sport Power Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Power Bar
The Fringe Sport Power Bar is a no-frills power bar with a solid overall spec profile.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Matte Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag. The matte finish is a cool-looking feature that is different from the standard hard chrome.
- Semi-Aggressive Knurl – The knurling on the Fringe Sport Power Bar is fairly aggressive, but not overly so. I would consider it to be in the middle of the power bar spectrum in terms of overall aggression.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder.
- Center Knurl – The bar does offer a center knurl, which is expected on a power bar.
- Strong Warranty – The Fringe Sport Power bar comes with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects and bending.
From the Manufacturer
The Fringe Sport Power Barbell is designed from the ground up for benching, squatting, and deadlifting. It's amazing at that. And okay at everything else.
You've been asking us for years to design and build a Power Bar worthy of the Fringe Sport name – and here it is.
After consulting with hundreds of powerlifters, we designed the Fringe Sport Power Barbell to be the ultimate bar for the slow lifts and power movements. Every aspect of this bar supports squatting, deadlifting, and benching.
We started with an ultra-strong 216,200 PSI steel, cut down to a 29mm shaft diameter that eliminates all whip- for a nice, stiff barbell.
Then we knurled (crosshatched) it with IPF marks (rings) and our signature deep, aggressive-but-blunted knurl. Think deep but hand-friendly.
Then we used a matte chrome finish that mimics bare steel, but with a high corrosion resistance.
We added in bronze bushings for low maintenance combined with high strength and a even, predictable rotation.
And finally, we used a long sleeve with 16.3″ of loadable length to allow you to hit huge numbers in the gym.
And don't worry- these bars are deflected to 2,200 pounds in the manufacturing process- so unless you are more than doubling the world record lifts, this bar will take anything you throw at it.
Do you squat, deadlift, and bench?
This is your barbell.
What They're Saying at FringeSport.com
The Fringe Sport Power Bar receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5 at fringesport.com, here are some of the things they have said:
- “This is a great bar for the price. The knurling is smooth and very easy to grip. If you are training with the big 3 lifts, this is the bar for you.”
- “A nice stiff power bar that's a bit cheaper compared to most of the competition. I prefer the blunted knurl compared to some of the other brands such as rogues OHP but that's a personal taste.”
- “I needed to add a second bar to the home gym and I really wanted a stiff 29mm bar with a center knurl for bench press and back squats. It came down to this or the Ohio Power Bar. I couldn’t go wrong but I’m glad I chose the Fringe Power Barbell.
I just love the “matte chrome finish” on this bar. I’m very confident that the finish will hold up as it’s the same on the W3 which is still flawless. The semi-aggressive knurling is perfect for me. The photos on this site and others show the bar with a red decal on the sleeve caps which give it the appearance of a snap-ring design (sleeves on this bar are bolted). The bar I received though had no decals. Instead the end cap is laser engraved with the Fringe Sport logo and name of the bar. I get why they made that change.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed this bar. You can read the full review here or view the synopsis below.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Power Bar.