Griffin Half Rack
- Manufacturer: Griffin Fitness
- Rack Type: Half Rack
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 92″
- Footprint: 52.25″ Deep/47″ Wide
- Weight: N/A
- Numbered Uprights: Yes
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the Griffin Half Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Griffin Fitness Half Rack
The Griffin Half Rack is an affordable and compact rack with solid specs. It’s constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel with 5/8″ holes and Westside spacing.
This half-rack is compatible with Griffin’s GR3 Lite attachments as well as many from other companies.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly and versatile half-rack, this one from Griffin is a strong choice.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The Half Rack from Griffin is a part of their GR3 Lite lineup. It’s constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic.
- Space-Friendly Design – Half racks are sized similarly to smaller 4-post racks with the main difference being that you will lift outside of the rack. This allows for convenient on-rack storage on the back uprights, which can be challenging on a 4-post rack when lifting inside.
- No Bolt-Down Required – One of the biggest benefits of this half rack is that you don’t have to bolt it down to the ground. The Griffin Half Rack uses a U-shaped flat foot base that extends off the front of the rack. This prevents the rack from tipping when working off of the front uprights.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate Griffins’ GR3 Lite Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The Griffin Half Rack offers Westside hole spacing, which is a popular feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack has a total length of 52.25″ and a total width of 47″. The uprights themselves are also 47″ wide, which is a great feature on this rack. Compared to 49″ racks, a 47″ width creates more room between the plates and the uprights. This makes it easier to cleanly rack and re-rack your barbell with reduced risk of hitting the uprights. The back uprights stand 72″ tall while the front uprights stand 92″ (total height).
- Interior Rack Dimensions – The storage section is 16.25″ deep, which is not enough to lift inside of, but which is enough for properly storing plates. This is a great way to keep organized and increase the overall stability of the rack.
- Numbered Uprights – A great feature of this rack is that it comes with laser-cut numbering on every fifth hole of the upright. This is commonly not found on similar-style half-racks, or at the very least is an additional upcharge.
- Safety Options – The Griffin Half Rack does not come standard with safeties, however, you can add their spotter arms. I highly recommend the spotter arms for safety as well as versatility. With these spotters, you can perform rack pulls, etc… and they also include side holes for even more applications.
- No Color Options – This rack only comes in a matte black powder coat.
What’s Included in the Box
The Griffin Half Rack includes the following pieces as standard:
- (2) J-Cups with UHMW Lining
- (1) 1.25″ Diameter Pull-Up Bar
- (2) 70″ Tall Back Uprights For Plate Storage (72″ total height)
- (2) 90″ Tall Front Uprights (92″ total height)
- (1) Flat-Foot Base
The Griffin Half Rack is constructed with 3×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with Griffin’s GR3 Lite Attachments.
The dip attachment allows for a portable dip station, the sandwich j-cups are a big improvement over the standard cups, the landmine provides additional barbell versatility, and the spotter arms are essential for safety.
As for attachment compatibility outside of Griffin Fitness, notable places to look are Rogue Fitness, REP Fitness, and Titan Fitness. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 5/8″ hardware (Rogue Monster Lite, REP PR-4000, and Titan X-3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks (Griffin/REP/Titan) use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks (Rogue). This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at Griffin Fitness
The Griffin Half Rack is a new product with no current reviews. This section will be updated as reviews as posted at griffin.fitness.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Griffin Half Rack.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Griffin Half Rack.