Rep Excalibur Bar – Stainless Steel
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Purpose: Multi-purpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 215,000
- Yield Strength: 205,000
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual Rings/Multi-purpose
- Shaft Finish: Stainless Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: China
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP Stainless Steel Excalibur Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP Stainless Steel Excalibur Bar
The REP Stainless Steel Excalibur bar is an upgraded version of the Excalibur Bar, which comes in hard chrome.
This bar offers a stainless shaft, hard chrome sleeves, a relatively high tensile strength, a reported yield strength, dual knurl marks, and a few other notable features.
Read below for further details.
Features & Highlights
- Stainless Steel – Stainless steel is excellent at preventing rust and it provides a true raw feel. While it is one of the more expensive options, it is arguably the best one available. Aside from the oxidation resistance and excellent feel, stainless steel also looks fantastic. This bar also comes in a hard chrome finish at a cheaper price tag.
- Medium Knurl – This bar offers a medium-textured knurl that isn’t aggressive, nor is it passive. Some users have reported it being slightly more aggressive than comparably-spec’d multi-purpose bars.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the REP Stainless Steel Excalibur Bar is a common, if not ideal, shaft diameter for a multi-purpose bar. This bridges the gap between an Olympic Weightlifting Bar (28mm) and a power bar (29mm) to create a balanced bar that’s capable of handling a variety of lifts.
- Dual Knurl Marks – This is a multi-purpose bar with both IWF and IPF spec’d knurl rings, giving you the option to perform both power lifts and Oly lifts.
- Tensile & Yield Strength – The 215k PSI tensile strength on this bar on the higher end of the multi-purpose bar spectrum, in this price range especially. REP also reports a 205k yield strength.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves on this bar are also finished hard chrome.
- Bushings – The bar uses bronze bushings to spin, which is common in this type of application.
- No Center Knurl – The REP Stainless Steel Excalibur Bar does not offer a center knurl, which isn’t uncommon for a multi-purpose barbell. This will make for a comfortable bar that’s great higher rep/volume training.
What They’re Saying at REP Fitness
The REP Stainless Steel Excalibur Bar receives positive, but currently limited, feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.5/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com:
- “I bought the stainless steel version without the center knurling. I’ve also used the rogue Ohio bar at the gym. Id say if you can afford the price, this bar is pretty close to the rogue. The only difference you feel is this one has deeper knurling. The spin is about the same. I’ve been using it for about a month now. Came well packaged, no damage whatsoever. knurling feels nice on your hands, its a little deeper than the rogue but it doesn’t tear up your hands and gives it a good feel. it has held up well so far, no flat spots even on the j hooks. It doesn’t spin too much: some bars I’ve used spin too much and distract you while you’re lifting. this one seems right for the big 3.”
- “The stainless steel ribbing on the sleeves is soft. I’m already seeing some flat spots in the ribbing from the collars (probably the prolocs). Not a big deal as I always use collars and the ribbing is just a bonus.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the REP Stainless Steel Excalibur Bar.