Rep Excalibur Bar
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Purpose: Multi-purpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 215,000
- Yield Strength: 205,000
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual Rings/Multi-purpose
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: China
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP Excalibur Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP Excalibur Bar
The REP Excalibur bar is a nicely-spec'd multi-purpose barbell at a nice price.
This bar offers a hard chrome finish, a relatively high tensile strength, a reported yield strength, dual knurl marks, and a few other notable features.
Read below for further details.
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag. This bar is also available in a stainless steel variety.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the REP Excalibur Bar is a common, if not ideal, shaft diameter for a multi-purpose bar. This bridges the gap between an Olympic Weightlifting Bar (28mm) and a power bar (29mm) to create a balanced bar that's capable of handling a variety of lifts.
- Dual Knurl Marks – This is a multi-purpose bar with both IWF and IPF spec'd knurl rings, giving you the option to perform both power lifts and Oly lifts.
- Tensile & Yield Strength – The 215k PSI tensile strength on this bar on the higher end of the multi-purpose bar spectrum, in this price range especially. REP also reports a 205k yield strength.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves on this bar are also finished hard chrome.
- Bushings – The bar uses bronze bushings to spin, which is common in this type of application.
- No Center Knurl – The REP Excalibur Bar does not offer a center knurl, which isn't uncommon for a multi-purpose barbell. This will make for a comfortable bar that's great higher rep/volume training.
What They're Saying at REP Fitness
The REP Excalibur Bar receives positive, but currently limited, feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.5/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com:
- “Great power bar, the sleeves spin just right for multi bodybuilding lifts. The grip is pretty passive. Not much whip. I would not buy for Olympic lifts. However prefect for power and bodybuilding lifting.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the REP Excalibur Bar.