Rogue Bar 2.0
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Multipurpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual/multipurpose
- Shaft Finish: Black Zinc
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Bright Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Composite Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Bar 2.0 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Bar 2.0
The Rogue Bar 2.0 is an updated version of the original Rogue Bar, which was heavily used in the early CrossFit games. It’s a popular multipurpose bar that is very similar to the slightly-more-expensive Rogue Ohio Bar in the same finish, black zinc.
This bar comes with a 28.5mm diameter shaft, dual knurl marks, 190,000 PSI tensile strength, a black zinc finish, and interchangeable collar bands.
At $265, it represents a nice value. With a lifetime warranty, it’s an upgrade pick over the lesser-expensive Rogue Echo Bar 2.0, which comes with a 1-year warranty.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Black Zinc Finish – Black Zinc is a cost-efficient plating that does an OK job at fighting off rust. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a good blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the Rogue Bar 2.0 is comfortable in the hands and provides a nice balance between rigid and whippy, making it ideal for a variety of lifts.
- No Center Knurl – The Rogue Bar 2.0 does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
- Grooved Sleeves – The sleeves on this bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates.
- Interchangeable Collar Bands – The bar comes stock with black bands and white font. You also have the option to change these out yourself by buying separate bands in different colors for easy bar identification or just your aesthetic preferences.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Bar 2.0 receives good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people are saying at roguefitness.com:
- “We have been using our 6x Rogue 2.0 Bars in our commercial fitness center for 4+ years and we have been very happy with the purchase! Very passive knurl which is great for people of all backgrounds from the beginner to veteran lifter. We use our 2.0 Bars for general use to include: Bench, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Curls, Cleans, and Landmine movements. We lubricate our barbells with 3 in 1 oil once every 2 months and they still have great spin after 4+ years of use!”
- “As soon as I got the bar I started out with some deadlifts and power cleans. I can’t say enough about this bar. Best bar I have ever lifted with hands down! I would buy again and again!!!”
- “I finally decided to buy a decent bar for my home gym, and decided to settle on the Rogue 2.0. I had a CAP “Beast” bar and it was serviceable but I wanted to buy one good bar. The 2.0 is way beyond good, as a matter of fact I’ve never lifted with a bar like it at any gym. I mostly follow the Wendler 531 program and I don’t lift much over #400 on my heaviest lifts but this bar is fantastic for my needs. The spin isn’t great, but the knurl is perfect in my opinion.”
- “Love it. Same mechanical specs as the Ohio bar just less finish options. Spins great, knurling is perfectly grippy but not abrasive. Use it for my home gym doing Crossfit/ Weightlifting. Would highly recommend it.”
- “Recently received this bar to replace one I’ve been using for 20 years in my home gym. What a difference. The bar has an excellent feel and balance. Knurl could be a bit more aggressive but that’s just a personal preference. This really is a perfect all around bar for your home gym. Really good looking bar as well. super fast delivery. Whole experience…A+.”
- “The black obviously is a cool look. Functionality it works well. Biggest downside is when I’ve put it into a steel rack, it rubs against the steel and has started to flake.”
- “The Rogue 2.0 I purchased in 2016 has been my favorite all around bar, and has held up through major abuse. The spin was surprisingly good at this price point and is still very smooth. The Rogue 2.0 that I just received is not even close. The spin on this bar is typical of a bar you would receive free with a cheap weight set. Maybe this is normal of the 2.0 and I just got lucky with the first bar in 2016. But I cant recommend this product based on newest bar.”
- “Only small gripe is the coating comes off pretty easily were knurl is, noticed after first use.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Bar 2.0: