Rogue Machined Olympic Plates
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Steel Plate
- Steel Type: Cast Iron
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 2.5LB-45LB
- Weight Tolerance: Varies (+/- 0%-3%)
- Diameter: Varies (162mm-448mm)
- Hole Size: 50.6mm
- Color: Gray Hammertone
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Machined Olympic Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Machined Olympic Plates
Rogue Machined Olympic Plates are machined cast iron plates with a traditional look & feel. They’re accurate, they have a good width profile, and they receive excellent feedback from users.
These plates have deep dish design. Rogue also sells machined shooter-style plates as well as USA-made true deep dish plates.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Accuracy – These plates from Rogue have a solid weight tolerance for cast iron plates. On plates 25LB-45LB variants, they have a tolerance of +2% and -0%. On 2.5LB-10LB variants, the tolerance isn’t as high at +/-3%.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue Machined Olympic Plates can be purchased from 2.5LB up to 45LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in a 245LB set, which includes free shipping.
- Width – Another nice benefit of these plates is that they are fairly narrow and very consistent in width on 10LB+ variants. You won’t get the same narrow width of a calibrated plate, but you can load 900LB+ on the bar with these plates.
- 2.5LB – 0.63″
- 5LB – 0.83″
- 10LB – 1.22″
- 25LB – 1.5″
- 35LB – 1.5″
- 45LB – 1.5″
- Diameter – Unlike bumper plates, iron plates do not offer consistent plate diameters. Most users will at least have a pair of 45LB plates on the bar when deadlifting, so it’s not a big concern, but if you do pull with anything less than 135LB, just know that it won’t be from standard height. Another thing to point out is the 45LB at 448mm is slightly smaller than a standard diameter of 450mm.
- 2.5LB – 162mm
- 5LB – 195mm
- 10LB – 228mm
- 25LB – 300mm
- 35LB – 360mm
- 45LB – 448mm
- Hole Size – The Rogue Machined Olympic Plates have a 50.6mm hole diameter, which will accommodate Olympic-sized bars nicely. They won’t fit as snug as a 50.4mm hole, but they will slide on and off the bar more easily.
- Deep Dish – While not as deep as the Rogue Deep Dish Plates, these plates do have a deep flange that helps with carrying and generally handling the plates. They will be much easier to pick up from a flat position than calibrated plates.
- Aesthetics/Finish – The Machined Plates from Rogue have a very nice-looking gray hammertone finish with black raised lettering. The spoke-style design is classic, giving these plates a traditional look and feel. Overall, I think these are some of the best-looking plates of this style.
- Durability – These are cast iron plates and overall durability is very good. As with any plate, durability will come down to frequency of use and how they’re used. These plates should last years and withstand a lot of abuse.
What They’re Saying at roguefitness.com
Rogue Machined Olympic Plates receive excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I absolutely love these plates. They are super clean and have sure a sharp look! The classic look which can’t be beat. I really appreciate the matte glossy finish to them.”
- “Bought these thinking they look nice and more custom looking than the standard plates, the bump up in money is worth it in my mind, great finish and smooth and hq stuff that rogue makes, definitely coming back for more. Best steel plate ive ever used, get these if you read this no regrets.”
- “Very close to advertised weight. One plate was 7g underweight and one was 5g overweight. For a non-calibrated pair, this was more than within my tolerance window. Great finish, love the deep dish lip.”
- “I ordered these and they are great. Well designed and beautiful. Nice lacquer coating to prevent it from rusting”
- “Made in China but clearly held to high standards by Rogue. Sleeve holes have good tolerance. Maybe a millimeter or two of space at the most between plate and bar sleeve. Each weighed 35.6lbs. Finish is smooth and even.”
- “Some cosmetic issues on delivery on a few of my plates, bubbling around the lettering to the point it was level with the letters, some letters not painted well. That said, slides on sleeves well and all plates are within weight tolerances. Just expecting more cosmetically when spending this much on plates.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Machined Olympic Plates.