Rogue Ohio Power Bar – E-Coat
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 45lb
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 205,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: E-Coat
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Sleeve Finish: Bright Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Rogue E-Coat Ohio Power Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Ohio Power Bar – E-Coat
The Rogue Ohio Power Bar is a popular and high-quality all-around power bar with a solid reputation. The bar comes in a variety of finishes, which provides options at various budgets and preferences.
The e-coat version is one of the more economically-priced versions of the OPB and it offers some nice features that some may prefer over black zinc or bare steel.
Features & Highlights
- E-Coat Finish – E-Coat is an electronically-applied coating that was first introduced in the automobile industry as a reliable finish with regards to coverage, adhesion, and corrosion resistance. It is more resilient to rust than chrome and zinc, which are also applied coatings, albeit not electronically-applied. It has some environmental benefits, namely limited production of hazardous air pollutants and volatile organic compounds.
- Aggressive”ish” Knurling – The knurling on the OPB leans aggressive, but with a volcano pattern, it’s not as aggressive as a mountainous knurling. Furthermore, the e-coat will cut down somewhat on the aggression since it’s an applied coating.
- 29mm Shaft – The 29mm shaft on the Rogue E-Coat Power Bar is consistent with IPF standards. It creates a very rigid shaft ideal for the big 3 power lifts.
- IPF Knurl Marks – This bar offers single powerlifting knurl marks spec’d to IPF requirements.
- Tensile Strength – This version of the OPB has a 205,000 PSI tensile strength, which is very competitive among quality power bars.
- Grooved, Bright Zinc Sleeves – The grooved sleeves help keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they are also louder. This bar offers a bright zinc sleeve finish, which differs from the hard chrome on some of the other versions. Still, bright zinc is a fairly common sleeve finish.
- Bushings – The bar offers a bronze bushing rotation system, which is very common with a power bar.
- Center Knurl – This bar includes a center knurl in the same knurl pattern as the rest of the bar.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty.
- Made in America – The OPB is made in Columbus, Ohio.
What They’re Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue E-Coat Power Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 4.9/5 average rating at roguefitness.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “I’ve been using the E-coat power bar for a while now and although its got aggressive knurling, the e-coat diminishes some of it. For me, it is irrelevant because i wanted the maximum corrosion protection without paying for Cerakote. If you want more grip, go zinc.”
- “The e-coat power bar is the perfect powerlifting training bar! Honestly when I first got it I was disappointed in the knurling. I had been using a Okie power bar for 30 years before getting rid of it when down sizing. The Okie knurl was so aggressive I only used it for meet prep and was very careful about caring for my callouses when using it. Almost every time I used the Okie bar it was a blood bath. The e-coating on the Ohio bar dulls the volcano knurling a bit. At first I thought this would be an issue, but after 4 months of using it for all of my powerlifting movements I find the bar to be perfect for on going day to day training. The knurl is aggressive enough to make my hands tender after a heavy workout, but I’m not worried about having my palm, shin or back skin ripped off if I screw up. add the stiffness and rotation of the sleeves and this it the best day to day training bar I have used.”
- “My favorite bar to use at my home gym! Perfect amount of knurling (aggressive), strong bar coating, and looks great.”
- “Love the OPB! Perfect bar for the big three. E-coat dulls the knurl slightly but it still sticks to the hands. Sleeves spin evenly and smooth. Highly recommend.”
- “Bought this is my main bar for bench, dead’s and squats. I absolutely love it. The knurling is the most aggressive I have felt. I have never needed chalk when using this bar. It will tear your hands up if you don’t keep a tight grip. The e-coat shaft is slick and very pretty. It does not take away from the knurling. It just adds to the overall aesthetic and corrosion resistance. 2 months in right now and no flaking.”
- “The only complaint I have is the knurling. The E-coat must dull the knurling more than I would like for a power bar. If you really want a good aggressive knurl buy a stainless or bare steel bar.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue E-Coat Ohio Power Bar.