Rogue Olympic WL Bar – Stainless Steel
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 200,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Stainless Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Needle Bearing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Stainless Steel Olympic WL Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Olympic Weightlifting Bar – Stainless Steel
The Rogue Stainless Steel Olympic WL Bar is a very high-quality men’s Oly bar with a strong reputation and a lifetime warranty.
Equipped with a 28mm shaft, Olympic knurl marks, needle bearings, and a 200,000 PSI tensile strength, it’s spec’d to handle all of your Olympic weightlifting needs.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Stainless Steel Finish – Stainless steel is excellent at preventing rust and it provides a true raw feel. While it is one of the more expensive options, it is arguably the best one available. Aside from the oxidation resistance and excellent feel, stainless steel also looks fantastic. This bar offers stainless steel on both the shaft and the sleeves.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft will generate great whip and it’s consistent with Olympic Weightlifting standards.
- No Center Knurl – The Rogue Stainless Olympic WL Bar does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
- Tensile Strength – One thing to note on this bar compared to the Bright Zinc and Cerakote versions is that this bar offers a 200,000 PSI tensile strength vs. 215,000. This isn’t going to make much of a difference in terms of performance, but it’s a distinction nonetheless.
- Grooved Sleeves – The sleeves on the Rogue Stainless Olympic WL Bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates.
- American Made – This bar is 100% made in America.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Stainless Olympic WL Bar receives very positive feedback from users. Withan average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things they have said at roguefitness.com:
- “During the Rona pandemic, my wife and I both purchased bars. I went with this one and I’m glad I did. Excellent knurling (May be a bit aggressive for hang complexes, but stop crying and build calluses, or use straps like me). Great whip – material selection was perfect for this, the modulus of elasticity on this steel combined with its high ultimate tensile strength means you can have great whip with a very resilient bar. Great Spin – Bar spins very well and I knew this from going to Rouge equipped meets. It may not spin as great as an Eleiko, but when lifting you could not tell the difference. I was expecting the bearings to ride a little quieter than they do when i tested them, but I also do not know how they are built. I haven’t taken it apart to grease yet.”
- “I purchased the 200k stainless version for $595 shipped. At that price point, it’s a really fine Oly bar. The knurling really has a perfect moderate feel. It’s not too sharp, and not too mild. It’s very grippy, without being painful in use. It might be just a hair aggressive for high rep workouts, but I wouldn’t change anything about it. It’s not slick at all, due the raw stainless steel. The spin is VERY fast and smooth. It has two areas that could be improved, IMO. It is not a quiet bar when dropped, and the knurl stops/starts could be cleaned up a bit. The edges feather out slightly. It doesn’t effect anything, other than looks, but at this price, it should be cleaned up a bit. Functionally though, this bar is perfect and a joy to use. Note that the stainless version does not have a center knurl, which is fine by me, but some may prefer to have it. Overall, I would highly recommend the bar.”
- “Very happy with this purchase. Knurling is awesome and the spin is great on the bar. Looking forward to setting all types of PRs with this bar. Great product!”
- “Literally the best bar I have ever used. Spins like a dream!”
- “Great performance bar with excellent grip. Looks great too.”
- “The spin is amazing and the stainless steel knurling feels incredible.”
- My problem is one end spins great the other is rough. Overall other than the “feel” of the bar it’s nothing special. If both ends would spin correctly it would be a really nice bar. I’d look elsewhere if I were to buy another one. This is the 5th bar I’ve purchased with the Rogue name on it 4 new and 1 used, this is the only one that disappointed me.”
- “My only complaint is cosmetic defects with the edge of the knurling. Half of the edges look like the pictures where the knurling comes to a nice sharp stop, while the other half get gradually more passive.”
- “The knurling is great, but mine was a little bit more passive outside of the olympic marks. I didn’t want to deal with returning and receiving a new one, but overall a great buy.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Stainless Olympic WL Bar: