Rogue Russian Bar
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 200,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Stainless Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Deeply Grooved
- Rotation System: Needle Bearing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Russian Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Russian Bar
The Rogue Russian Bar is a modern take on the old-school Russian Bars that included deep grooves and specialized locking collars.
Equipped with a 28mm shaft, Olympic knurl marks, needle bearings, a stainless steel shaft, a center knurl, and a 200,000 PSI tensile strength, it’s spec’d to handle all of your Olympic weightlifting needs.
This is one of Rogue’s highest-end bars overall. Priced just under $800, it also includes a lifetime warranty and, like their other bars, it’s made in the USA.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Stainless Steel – Stainless steel is excellent at preventing rust and it provides a true raw feel. While it is one of the more expensive options, it is arguably the best one available. Aside from the oxidation resistance and excellent feel, stainless steel also looks fantastic. This bar offers stainless steel on both the shaft and the sleeves.
- Sleeve/Collar Design – The sleeves of the Russian Bar are deeply grooved – a throwback to the old Soviet bar. Through the use of a custom locking collar, you never have to worry about tightening the collars between sets/reps. The collars each way 2.5kg, so you should factor that into your calculated weight. They’re also included with the barbell
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft will generate great whip and it’s consistent with Olympic Weightlifting standards.
- Needle Bearings – The Russian Bar includes a total of 10 needle bearings – 5 per sleeve.
- Center Knurl – The bar does include a center knurl.
- Tensile Strength – This bar offers an impressive 200,000 PSI tensile strength, which stacks up well against the competition.
- American Made – This bar is 100% made in America.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Russian Bar has limited reviews available, but it has received positive feedback. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of things people are saying at roguefitness.com:
- “Have been using the bar for a month. Love it. Sleeves roll very easily; bar offers a good grip. I am using two sets of locks: regular ones and the bar-specific for higher weights / where i drop the barbell. Locks keep the weights in place very well.”
- “I bought this bar just before the Crossfit Games qualification and got it just in time only to be slapped in the face with those brutal 50 lbs dumbbells non-sense wods. At least I got to use it for the 17.3 and 17.5 portion which is probably one of the best bar to have for these particular movement. I ONLY use this bar for any Snatches, Cleans and Thrusters. This is what this bar is made for. It is just a gorgeous bar and the grooves are just sexy af.”
- “Title says it all. Amazing quality bar. Great solar feature.”
- “I’ve been using this for two months and can say it’s worth the cost. The bar has great feel, spin and whip. I hit PR’s in the clean and jerk as well as the snatch with this bar.”
- “The only unfortunate thing is I basically never use is the collars locks. It’s too bad because they look amazing but it’s a bit of a pain to put on and it also messes up the standard RX weights usually given in wods because they weight 5lbs each. I wish they could do a lighter version.”
- “There’s no quick way to change weights with the collars having to be twisted off (my only reason for 4 stars). This can be fixed by using spring collars or any other collars for that sort.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Russian Bar: