Vulcan Elite V4.0 Bearing Bar
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 221,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes – Passive
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Needle Bearing
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bearing Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bearing Bar
The Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bearing Bar is a highly regarded Olympic Weightlifting Bar with high-end specs including ten needle bearings, a strong tensile strength, and a lifetime warranty.
Read more below
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft on the Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bearing Bar is consistent with Olympic Weightlifting bars. This diameter will offer a comfortable grip and a whippy shaft ideal for Oly lifts.
- Tensile Strength – The 221k PSI tensile strength on this bar puts it near the top of the list for high-end Olympic Weightlifting bars.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves on this bar are also hard chrome
- Needle Bearings – The bar offers five needle bearings per sleeve, for a total of ten bearings.
- Center Knurl – The Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bearing Bar Bar does offer a center knurl, which will provide that extra grip that some prefer. The center knurl is less aggressive than the outer knurl.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty against bending, breaking, or seizing.
What They’re Saying at Vulcan Strength
The Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bearing Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 4.8/5 average rating at vulcanstrength.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “Overall I’m very happy my new Vulcan elite bar. The spin on this bar is great and the overall build quality on this thing is incredible. The knurling is exactly what i was looking for and is not too aggressive. I have never had a bar with ribbed collars but so far that is pretty nice too. The plates seem to slide off the bar easily when you change them, but when in use with the spring collars they don’t budge. So far I’m very impressed with Vulcan and i have another order coming my way already.”
- “I had read about this barbell. And it really lived up to my hopes. It spins pretty well – especially well for a bushing barbell – and the whip is really noticeable. The knurling is so comfortable and yet the grip you get is really positive because the special dense matte chrome finish gives plenty of friction. In terms of hand-feel and whip this is such a comfortable barbell. Its not flexible by any means nor does it feel soft. Its just that realistically for people like me who don’t lift at competition levels the slightly increased whip at lower weights is appreciated. This barbell really is perfect for me.”
- “Just got this bar in as a replacement for the V1 bar I had. This bar feels amazing, I really like the finish compared to the first one I had. The knurling is great, not too sharp, but deep enough for a good solid grip. Vulcans Customer Service is great as well as they sent me this bar as a direct replacement for the V1 I had that had a rare warrenty issue. If this bar is an upgrade from the V1 then it will be by far the best bar I will ever use, the V1 was the bar I used for everything and so will this. The rotation is awesome, and the flex is great. Thank you so much for making a great product and sticking behind it. I recommend your bars to everyone I know.”
- “Maybe vulcan can address my rust issues and why on the first week it was already rusting. I use this for strictly oly lifts and there is little to no sweat involved.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bearing Bar.