Vulcan Professional Olympic Bar
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 242,000
- Yield Strength: 223,000
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes – Passive
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Needle Bearing
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan Professional Olympic Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Professional Olympic Bar
The Vulcan Professional Olympic Bar is a quality Olympic Weightlifting bar with solid specs.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft on the Vulcan Professional Olympic Bar is consistent with Olympic Weightlifting bars. This diameter will offer a comfortable grip and a whippy shaft ideal for Oly lifts.
- Tensile & Yield Strength – The 242k PSI tensile strength on this bar puts it near the top of the list for high-end Olympic Weightlifting bars. Similarly, this bar offers a very impressive yield strength of over 223k.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves on this bar are also hard chrome
- Needle Bearings – The bar offers four German needle bearings per sleeve, for a total of eight bearings.
- Center Knurl – The Vulcan Professional Olympic Bar does offer a center knurl, which will provide that extra grip that some prefer, especially those looking for a comp-spec’d bar. The center knurl is less aggressive than the outer knurl.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty against bending, breaking, or seizing.
What They’re Saying at Vulcan Strength
The Vulcan Professional Olympic Bar receives positive feedback from users. With a 4.7/5 average rating at vulcanstrength.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “Excellent knurling on the sides, great passive knurl in the centre; truly a fantastic quality bar. The company itself is also amazing – I received stellar customer service and prompt replies which was very appreciated. Highly recommended to anyone looking for Eleiko-quality bars for non-Eleiko cash.”
- “I am very pleased with this bar. The chrome is great for my Florida humidity and will look good for life. The knurl is less aggressive than my other bar (Mavrik, 1983 purchased new). I did my research before buying and I did not find anything close for the price. Highly recommended.”
- “Very good spin, nice whip. Very rough knurling. Gonna chew your thumbs up for a while.”
- None Noted.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Professional Olympic Bar.