Vulcan Training Bumper Plates – KG
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Center Ring
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 89/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 3 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan KG Training Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan KG Training Bumper Plates
Vulcan KG Color Training Bumper Plates are high-quality bumper plates with a clean design, nice specs, and very solid feedback from users. They can be purchased in full color or in a black scheme (less expensive).
These plates are ideal for CrossFit, general lifting, etc… but they can certainly be used for Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting thanks to their high durometer rating. Plate thickness is the main consideration for those looking to load the bar heavily.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a very solid durometer rating of 88-89, which means they will produce a low-to-dead bounce. Generally, plates of this style will have a rating of around 85, so to get something this high is a nice benefit. For perspective, competition bumper plates typically start around 90.
- Center Ring – These plates use a center ring insert with a 50.4mm diameter. This is consistent with similar plates and it accommodates Olympic-sized barbells nicely.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – Vulcan KG Training Bumper Plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 90KG up to 140KG. All sets ship for free to most states within the US.
- Plate Width – These plates offer a width profile that is consistent with similar-style plates. With center ring-style plates, you won’t get as thin of a profile as you would with a full-hub training/competition plate. Even still, you should be able to load 225KG+ with these plates. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.87″
- 15KG – 2.375″
- 20KG – 2.75″
- 25KG – 3.19″
- Durability – These plates have a strong reputation when it comes to durability. With this style of plate, the most common durability concerns center around the insert loosening over time and the rubber chipping. User feedback has been excellent overall, however, and these should last years, especially in a home gym setting.
- Weight Tolerance – The KG Training Bumper Plates from Vulcan have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very competitive on this style of plate.
- Aesthetics – These are very nice-looking plates. I love the minimalist design with the single weight call-out. The raised white lettering looks great and the colors are as vibrant as competition plates. Vulcan also sells the plates in a black color scheme.
- Warranty – Vulcan Strength offers a 3-year warranty on all variants of this plate, which is a very strong warranty. Most plates of this style have a 1-year or less on 10KG & 15KG.
What They’re Saying at vulcanstrength.com
Vulcan KG Training Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at vulcanstrength.com.
- “SO happy with my bumper plates!! Great quality, great price and quick shipping. I highly recommend.”
- “I’ve been in the strength training game for over 40 years and coached weightlifting for 16 years. I’ve been in a lot of gyms and used every kind of equipment you can imagine. I’ve used about every kind of bumper plate made for training: Eleiko, Mavrick, Usaka, Werk San, Udaholm, York, RB, you name it. All have their advantages and disadvantages. But I have to say that these new Vulcan Strength Training Systems training bumpers are the best balance of everything I’d want in a training bumper. They have bright color for easy ID, very low bounce, and, as a longtime coach may worry about hearing loss, low noise. The tens are about as perfect as you could expect. They are thicker than any comp tens I’ve seen, so they don’t warp and bounce sideways. The tens are not as thick as some training bumpers, but they don’t bounce as high. When a new lifter is learning to control the bar drop, this can save shins on the next platform.”
- “I just wanted a colored set of bumpers, and these were the best prices from an American company I could find. Can’t imagine anything else being better. I would definitely order them again. They look good, and the quality is top notch. I only got the 90kg set, but plan on getting a pair of 25kg plates to have the whole set. If you’re looking for plates, and your thinking about these, stop thinking and just get them. “
- “This is the first purchase I have ever made from Vulcan Strength Training Systems. I can’t believe how satisfied I am with their product. These plates are great and they are not as expensive as rogue. They are slightly thicker in the width of the plates then standard competition plates. But for a garage gym they are perfect. They don’t bounce too much and are not too loud! Thanks again Vulcan!”
- “Everything about them is solid. Best deal on colored kgs by far. Very soft bounce, fit snug on rogue bar. Not as snug as my comp plates but these are snug enough they don’t wobble. Easy to slide on and off the bar.”
- “After spending months researching bumper plates to try and find some that were high quality and did not cost $12 a pound, I came across the Vulcan color bumpers. After reading many good reviews stating that these were the best value for these types of plates, regardless of cost, I decided to go ahead and pick up a set of these. I am more than happy with my purchase and will be adding more plates to my set very soon. I would recommend these plates for anyone looking for some high quality bumpers.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan KG Training Bumper Plates.