American Barbell Training Bar
- Manufacturer: American Barbell
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Olympic Weightlifting
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Smooth
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Limited
Read below to get a detailed look at the Training Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
American Barbell Training Bar
The American Barbell Training Bar is one of the most economically-priced barbells that American Barbell offers in its entire lineup. While it isn’t going to blow the stat sheet away, this a high-quality barbell at a nice price.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft on the Training Bar will generate whip on the bar that you would expect with an Oly bar.
- Smooth Sleeves – The smooth sleeves will generally create less noise when loading/unloading plates compared to a grooved sleeve.
- No Center knurl – This bar does not include a center knurl, which makes it an ideal choice for high rep/volume training. It will also generally be more comfortable.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
From the Manufacturer
The American Barbell Training Bar is a solid, versatile barbell for just about any application. We’ve tested it against the day-to-day abuse of heavy training and it’s proven to last.
The bar shaft is made from precision ground alloy steel and the strength of the shaft is tested with every shipment of raw material to ensure we have a consistent 190,000 PSI tensile strength. This attention to detail also allows for excellent whip and long-term performance of our bars. The shaft and sleeves are finished in hard chrome for added durability and corrosion resistance, and the knurl pattern is crisp with just the right amount of tack.
The bar sleeves are precision machined and each one is coated with hard chrome for protection against dropping and impact. Sleeves rotate around high strength composite bushings used in aircraft and automotive industries for smooth rotation.
What They’re Saying at Americanbarbell.com
The American Barbell Training Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9, here are some of the things people have said at americanbarbell.com.
- “Knurling feels great in the hand, decent whip and spins well. Highly recommend for anyone as a first bar.”
- “Knurling has great feel and it is the most quiet and smoothest barbell I’ve used.”
- “This is by far THE BEST Barbell I have ever ever used. The craftsmanship is top notch. The knurling (which was one of my concerns) is amazing and not overly done – It’s very grippy but will not tear your hands up.”
- “Great bar for the price! Smooth and quiet! Recommend it highly!”
- “The bar is amazing. Great craftsmanship, knurling is wicked good, and the bar is super quiet when dropped with any weights. Would be hard pressed to find a better bar for the price. Two thumbs up.”
- “The product is extremely well made and high quality. Light knurling, good spin and whip, looks great, and is surprisingly quiet when dropped. Incredible value, I’m very happy with it.”
- “I mostly chose this bar over others because I wanted a smooth collar, and many of the competitors intentionally cut grooves. While this collar does not appear intentionally grooved, there are very fine machining grooves which cause a high pitched “zzzip!” sound when you are sliding on plates, that in my opinion is even louder than deeply grooved sleeves.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar, but stay tuned!
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the American Barbell Training Bar.