Black Widow Hex Bar
- Manufacturer: Black Widow
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 45 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Single
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 31.75mm
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: No
- Sleeve Length: 14″
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Black Widow Hex Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Black Widow Hex Bar
The Black Widow Hex Bar is a no-frills single-height hex bar with a solid reputation for overall quality.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Single Handle Height – The Black Widow Hex Bar offers a single handle height that would roughly be equivalent to the height of a traditional barbell.
- Knurled Handles – The handles on the BW Hex Bar are knurled in a medium pattern and they measure almost 32mm in diameter, which is in-line with many top-end trap bars.
- Not Rackable – This bar is intended to be used from the floor.
- Sleeve Length – With a 14″ loadable sleeve length, you won't get the most space in the market, but you'll get plenty of room to load significant weight.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on the Black Widow Hex Bar aren't Olympic-sized, which means you won't be able to use standard collars. My personal recommendation for this bar is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They work very well and they're well-priced.
What They're Saying at Black Widow
The Black Widow Hex Bar receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at blackwidowtg.com.
- “This is a quality trap bar. You can find cheaper, you can find more expensive, but I doubt you'll find better.”
- “Perfectly balanced and awesome piece to have, especially for clients who have chronic back issues and really need the neutral grip and position to perform the deadlift.”
- “Black Widow's trap bar is exactly as advertised–practical, simple, and well made. I expect that it will last longer than I will, and am delighted that it is made in the US. I would not hesitate to recommend Black Widow to anyone looking to outfit his or her gym.”
- Critical feedback as limited to no knurling on handles and short sleeve length. Both of these were changed on the current model to include knurling and a longer sleeve.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Black Widow Hex Bar: