Rogue TB-1 Trap Bar 2.0
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 60 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Single
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 34mm
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Sleeve Length: 16″
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: General
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue TB-1 Trap Bar 2.0 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue TB-1Trap Bar 2.0
The Rogue TB-1 Trap Bar 2.0 is a quality no-frills trap bar with a single handle height and some other nice features, including approval to be used in the Army Combat Fitness Test.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Single Handle Height – The Rogue TB-1 Trap Bar 2.0 offers a single handle height that would roughly be equivalent to the height of a traditional barbell.
- Knurled Handles – The handles on the TB-1 are fully knurled from end-to-end in a standard, non-aggressive pattern. The handle diameter is 34mm, which is thicker than most trap bars. If you're looking for a dual-height option, check out the Rogue TB-2 Trap Bar.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable, giving you additional versatility (rack pulls, overhead press, pull-ups, etc…).
- Sleeve Length – On the TB-1, you get 16″ of loadable sleeve length, which is very similar to a traditional barbell, and more than many trap bars.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on The Rogue TB-1 Trap Bar 2.0 are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They work very well and they're well-priced.
- Army Combat Fitness Test Approved – A nice benefit of this bar is that it's approved to be used in the ACFT, so if you're training for it, this is something to consider.
- Made in the USA – This bar is made in the USA, using USA & CAN steel.
From the Manufacturer
Version 2.0 of the Rogue TB-1 Trap Bar features the same general design and dimensions of the original, but with an updated, precision sleeve construction that reduces the starting weight of the bar by more than 25 percent. This makes the TB-1 easier to maneuver without limiting its effectiveness. Simply put, if you want to lift massive weight, this tool still belongs in your arsenal.
The Trap Bar’s hexagonal design and knurled, neutral grip handles make it optimized for performing deadlifts that put less stress on the lumbar spine—since the load is centered and not off axis like a traditional deadlift. This same benefit makes the TB-1 2.0 a useful specialty bar for beginners, as well as athletes dealing with nagging back issues or rehabbing from other injuries.
We manufacture the TB-1 in Columbus, OH, and it's fully compatible with standard Oly plates.
Approved for the new Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT)
This product has been officially approved for use with the United States Army’s Combat Fitness Test, a 6-event readiness assessment that’s replacing the previous 3-event Army Physical Fitness Test in 2020. The grueling new ACFT is neutral across all genders and age groups, and includes a strength deadlift, standing power throw, hand-release push-ups, sprint/drag/carry, leg tuck, and a 2-mile run.
What They're Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue TB-1 Trap Bar 2.0 receives very good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “Before you buy a Hex Bar make sure to check the loadable length of the bar. I made a mistake and bought a cheaper bar before this one and my bumper plates outgrew it fast. This bar can handle all my plates.”
- “Absolutely love this piece of equipment. Do to multiple injuries to back, hip, and knees. It’s been hard to do squats without pain. So far pain free. Needed this equipment years ago.”
- “The trap bar deadlift is the king of all exercises and this bar provides excellent tools to get the job done. It is very sturdy, has great handle grip, and puts you in the perfect stance to perform the lift. I’m really feeling the gains in the legs using this thing every other day. No need to get the other bar that has raised handles – this bad boy is all you need to get a great lower body workout in. My lower back thanks me every day as now I don’t even deadlift with the straight bar.”
- “Like others I purchased this bar to help prepare for the Army's new ACFT. I love that the bar has been officially approved by the Army so I know exactly what to expect. Like everything from Rogue it is high quality and built like a tank. After waiting weeks for this to be back in stock I almost broke down and ordered a cheaper bar off Amazon, but I was finally notified it was available and it was well worth the wait!”
- “So happy I got this bar. Being able to lift straight up (more or less) and operating less “off axis” has really helped my form and protects my lower back. Love the knurling, and the black finish is a bonus. It’s even got my wife deadlifting now!”
- “I bought this so that I could work on this particular style dead lift in preparation for the ACFT. I used it in the gym several times before I purchased one of my own. The bottom line is, this thing (just like everything else I have purchased from Rogue) is the reason why Rogue Fitness will always be the king of fitness equipment. I almost bought a hex bar from other sites and I am so glad I didn't. I managed to purchase it right before COVID-19 impacted the market. I use it for deadlights and farmers carries. Definitely worth every penny and a great investment for my garage gym.”
- “The only negative is the packing was terrible for the weight of this bar. The packaging was damaged on the bottom and one side was completely open resulting with scratches on the bottom and one side of the bar.”
- “I would have given it 5 stars but I have only had it a few weeks and the finish is coming off the selves from friction with the plates. (Yes, that is mentioned on the website.)”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue TB-1 Trap Bar 2.0: