Black Widow Rackable Hex Bar
- Manufacturer: Black Widow
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 46 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Single
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 31.75mm
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Sleeve Length: 15″
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Black Widow Rackable Hex Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Black Widow Rackable Hex Bar
The Black Widow Rackable Hex Bar is a rackable version of their standard Hex Bar. With a single handle height, knurled handles, and a 15″ loadable sleeve length, it represents good value for the money.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Single Handle Height – The Black Widow Rackable Hex Bar offers a single handle height that would roughly be equivalent to the height of a traditional barbell.
- Knurled Handles – The handles on the BW Rackable hex Bar are fully knurled from end-to-end in a standard, non-aggressive pattern. The handle diameter is 31.75mm, which is right in the wheelhouse for a trap bar.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable, giving you additional versatility (rack pulls, overhead press, pull-ups, etc…).
- Sleeve Length – This bar offers 15″ of loadable sleeve length, which gives plenty of space to load a lot of weight. It's also slightly longer than the non-rackable version of this bar.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on Black Widow Rackable Hex Bar are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They work very well and they're well-priced.
- American Made – This bar is made in the USA.
What They're Saying at Black Widow
The Black Widow Rackable Hex Bar receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at blackwidowtg.com.
- “Bar looks & feels solid. Nice welds and finish. Been using it a for a few days at this point and have not complaints. Considered buying a bar from one of the big chains / mass produced varieties but decided instead to spend my money on a small business that does quality work. Will purchase from them again when the time comes.”
- “Packaging was great wrapped up very secured. Welds were clean knurling on the handles were aggressive very happy with this bar!”
- “My Rackable Hex Bar was received in excellent condition and appears to be a well-constructed product. The welds are solid and the paint job is consistent and apparently thorough. [Time will tell.] The knurling is aggressive, so it's a spiky grip when compared to my Bomba barbell, for example, but it's not uncomfortable. The size and weight of this hex bar are ideal for me. Its lower overall diameter means I can easily hang it on the wall. The lighter weight (compared to other hex bars) means I won't hurt my back while handling it. And, finally, it works perfectly with the spotting arms on my wall-mounted rack, so loading and unloading won't require a lot of deep knee bends. After all, that's what a hex bar is for – saving your lower back from the perils of traditional deadlifts, right? Checks all the boxes. Time will tell, but at first blush, this appears to be a terrific product. I'm very satisfied.”
- “I've had this bar for a few weeks so I've used it a handful of times now. The first time I used it I was amazed how much more natural it felt doing deadlifts. That's the best way I can explain it. There is almost no guesswork with proper form using a hex bar. I love it for that reason alone. But the quality welds and the great design need to be pointed out as well. All of the welds are very solid and complete, meaning they are thorough, thickly beaded welds across the entire section where two pieces of metal meet. Seems simple and obvious that all welds should be that way…well, not everyone does do it that way. This bar does have nice thick, solid welds at every spot where there is a weld. I have no doubts this bar will last me the rest of my life and my son's life for that matter. This is the 2nd bar I've bought from Black Widow and I will be back for more. I am proud to support an American made product, and especially a U.S. Marine veteran like myself.”
- “Love deadlifting/ squats/ rack pulls/ overhead presses/ calf raises/ shrugs using this hex bar. Its rackable! Perfect for my power rack. Gains! Growing pains never felt so good!”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Black Widow Rackable Hex Bar: