Black Widow Slim Football Bar
- Manufacturer: Black Widow
- Purpose: Angled Football Bar
- Bar Weight: 40 lbs
- Grip Widths: 4 Widths (8″, 15″, 23″, 30″)
- Total Grip Options: 8
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Black Widow Slim Football Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Black Widow Slim Football Bar
The Black Widow Slim Football Bar is an angled-handle multi-grip bar with several grip options and an affordable price.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- 4 Grip Widths – The Black Widow Slim Football Bar offers four 15-degree angled grip widths spaced at 8″, 15″, 23″, and 30″.
- Slim Profile – The main frame of this bar is only 7″ wide vs. ~10″ on more traditional swiss bars. This allows for improved range of motion and overall less wieldy bar.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable and will fit standard racks.
- Sleeve Length – On the Black Widow Slim Football bar, you get a sleeve length of 13″, which is in the wheelhouse for this style of bar.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on the Black Widow Slim Football Bar are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They would very well and they’re well-priced.
From the Manufacturer
Our Slim Angled Swiss Bar will fit any standard rack.
Handles are angled at 15 degrees, depending on which way the bar is flipped. Offers hand positions a football player will be blocking with. Angles also help with curls, tricep extensions, SL deadlift, and bent over rows.
This bar was made slimmer than our regular Angled swiss bar, for easier overhead pressing, As well an extra outer grip.
What They’re Saying at Black Widow
The Black Widow Slim Football Bar receives good feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at blackwidowtg.com.
- “Black Widow is quickly becoming my favorite Specialty Bar Company, I own multiple competitor company strongman bars and Black Widow are hands down the best!!!!”
- “The width is perfect on this bar. It is very comfortable to bench, incline, overhead presses, variations of bent over rows, plus shoulder and arm exercises. I am very happy I got the 4th grip with the angled grip. I can get a whole body part with this bar on multiple grips and movements. The 8 inch width is a huge deal. The gym I use has a Rogue bar. The Rogue bar is nice, but too bulky. It puts you lower back at risk with rows and overhead presses. The Black Widow bar is extremely comfortable on bench presses too. This bar is closer to your body. I looked and compared these style bars for a while. I highly recommend this bar. Slim is the way to go.”
- “Product is well built and I highly recommend. Great price point and a great way add variety to my training.”
- “This is my go to bar! It gets incorporated in to most every workout. So versatile! Extremely well made by a U.S.A. company! Will be ordering from them again.”
- “The handles are spaced out just right. The powder coating is very grippy and the bar does not need to be knurled. The bar is very sturdy and the new version looks beautiful.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Black Widow Slim Football Bar: