Elitefts American Gridiron Bar
- Manufacturer: Elitefts
- Purpose: Angled Swiss Bar
- Bar Weight: 40 lbs
- Grip Widths: 4 Widths (7″, 14″, 21″, 28″)
- Total Grip Options: 8
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Elitefts American Gridiron Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Elitefts American Gridiron Bar
The Elitefts American Gridiron Bar is an angled, multi-handled swiss bar with several hand positions to offer training variety.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- 4 Grip Widths/8 Total Grip Options – The Elitefts American Gridiron Bar offers four angled grip widths spaced at 7″, 14″, 21″, and 28″. By flipping the bar over, you can access the opposite angle, giving you eight total grip options.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable and will fit any space between 39.5″ and 50.5″, which essentially covers all bases.
- Sleeve Length – On the Gridiron Bar, you get a sleeve length of 15.75″, which is on the higher end of the spectrum for this style of bar.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on The Elitefts American Gridiron Bar are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They would very well and they're well-priced.
From the Manufacturer
Designed and built to optimize brutal pressing force while protecting and encouraging shoulder stability and health, the American Gridiron Bar is the EliteFTS answer to the ever popular football bar.
This bar is built like a tank, as with any of our other American Line bars. Made to handle the use and abuse that comes with athletes, training facilities, and aggressive sports teams.
Featuring 4 grip options: all at biomechanically optimal angles help to protect joints while maximizing pressing development, explosiveness, and power.
The American Gridiron Bar is not only great for benching, but also rowing, overhead pressing, tricep extensions, and bicep curls.
What They're Saying at Elitefts
The Elitefts American Gridiron Bar receives very good, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at elitefts.com.
- “Great bar for squats and good mornings so far. Camber angle feels good. Padding is comfortable. Handles are the perfect length for me. Being only the normal 45 lbs makes it easier for hanging on the wall in my garage gym. The texture of the powder coat is quite aggressive, even on the plate sleeves, which seemed odd at first. Doesn't work well with OSO axle collars because they are such a tight fit already, but I have found that it makes for extra grip on set screw or lock jaw type collars.”
- “The American Gridiron Bar (AGB) is an excellent upper body specialty bar; it's indispensable for an older lifter like me (57) with some wrist and shoulder issues. It's great for bench press, floor press, semi-reverse grip bench press, close-grip bench press, overhead press, bicep curl (semi-hammer grip and semi-reverse grip), French press, tricep extension, Pendlay row, supine row, and others. Choosing between the AGB and the American Press Bar (also excellent), I opt for the AGB (I own them both). My wrists and shoulders are happiest with my grip turned slightly out or slightly in as with the AGB and dumbbells. In my opinion, it's safer to bench press with an AGB (or APB) than a standard barbell. If you fail a bench press lift the AGB (or APB) is far less likely to crush your trachea due to its configuration and its reduced point loading.”
- None noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Elitefts American Gridiron Bar: