Buddy Capps Texas All American Bar
- Manufacturer: Texas Power Bars/Buddy Capps
- Purpose: Multipurpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Dual
- Shaft Finish: Bare Steel (also available in black zinc)
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Bare Steel or Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Texas All American Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Buddy Capps Texas All American Bar – Bare Steel
The Buddy Capps Texas All American Bar is a made-in-the-USA no-frills multi-purpose bar.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Bare Steel – Bare Steel is the most cost-effective “finish” available because… well… it’s not finished in anything. Because of that, it ranks very highly in the ‘feel’ department. You’ll get a completely raw texture that provides outstanding grip. It also takes chalk very well. The downside to bare steel is that it’s very prone to oxidation. There is no preventing it, although 3-in-1 oil or similar is commonly used to mitigate it.
- Other finish Option – This bar is also available in black zinc, which won’t give you the same raw feel as bare steel, but it will stand up better to rust.
- Medium Knurl – This bar offers a medium knurl, unlike its cousin, the Texas Power Bar.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the Texas All American Bar is comfortable in the hands and provides a nice balance between rigid and whippy, making it ideal for a variety of lifts.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder.
- Center Knurl – The bar does offer a center knurl in the same pattern as the outer knurl.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
From the Manufacturer
The Texas All American Bar was designed early 2018 and is already a hit! This bar fills a void and is very versatile. Crafted from the same starting shaft as The Texas Power Bar it has the same strength and durability as our original bar. With center knurl to help when your squatting. 32” hand space rings for power type training and 36” hand space ring for cross training. The knurling is less aggressive than the Texas Power Bar. Simply the best all around gym bar available.
What They’re Saying at Texaspowerbars.com
The Bare Steel Texas All American Bar receives good-not-great feedback from users. With an average rating of 4/5 at texaspowerbars.com, here are some of the things they have said:
- “The knurling is a great balance of aggressive without feeling like its tearing up your hands, feels great on the back for squats and digs into the hands during deadlifts. So far I’m happy with what I’ve got.”
- “I absolutely love lifting with the bar. I wish the knurl was just a pinch more agressive; with that being said, I definitely see a TPB in my future.”
- “Hands down the best bars you can buy. Knurling on the all american is perfect for an all around gym bar.”
- “For years I’ve collected a commercial quality gym that has lacked a commercial quality bar. I finally pulled the trigger on the Texas All American Bar. Glad I did. It has great knurling, just the right amount of spin, and doesn’t break the bank.”
- “The All American Bar is the absolute best bar for any lift/program you might utilize: Starting Strength, Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Bodybuilding, etc. It’s the best of all worlds and especially perfect for those in a garage gym setting that need to have one bar that can handle whatever you need. The only criticism I could give is that I wish it was offered in a stainless steel version (sleeves as well) – I would gladly pay the extra for that option. But, awesome bar anyways! The knurl is exceptional!”
- There are numerous negative reviews discussing the lack of communication during COVID-19 and existing orders. There is no history of this happening prior to the pandemic.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Texas All American Bar: