Cap OB-86B Bar – ‘The Beast’
- Manufacturer: CAP
- Purpose: Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 110,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Weightlifting
- Shaft Finish: Black Oxide
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a closer look at the CAP OB-86 Beast Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
From the Manufacturer
“The Beast” is CAP’s Olympic Bar designed to take on super heavy workloads and is the top choice for professional weightlifters and club owners. Precision engineered for balance and long lasting performance. Medium depth diamond knurled surface and sleeves that swivel at the most delicate touch. This prohibits the bar from warping and reduces pressure on the wrists.
The Beast Olympic Bar by CAP Barbell measures 2185mm in length and is designed to take on super heavy workloads and is a top choice for professional weightlifters and club owners. Precision engineered for balance and long-lasting performance, this bar features 110,000 PSI tensile strength cold rolled Japanese steel. The medium-depth diamond knurled hand grips are 30 mm in diameter and are designed for a tight, non-slip grip when lifting. The sleeves with bushings are designed to swivel to reduce pressure on the wrists and forearms and have a 15-inch loadable sleeve length, providing ample room to load your weights (with 2-inch center hole). The shaft (length between the sleeves) is 51.5-inches in length and will fit on Olympic benches and racks/cages. Designed with no center knurl, this bar is ideal for Olympic weightlifters that are perfecting their squats, dead lifts, and bench presses.
- Specs – 110, 000 Psi tensile strength Japanese cold rolled steel; 15 Inch loadable sleeve length; The shaft length (inside length between the sleeves) is 51; 5 inches; Handgrip diameter 28; 5 millimeter; 5 year
- Construction: Built from solid cold rolled steel with a black phosphate finish; Used for training, this bar measures 2185 millimeter in length and weighs 20 kilogram (44 pounds); For commercial or home use
- Features – The sleeves are designed with snap clips and the bar features medium depth diamond knurling for a secure grip when lifting heavy; Built to accommodate any 2 inch Olympic plates; No center knurl
- Durable: Original bar is made of steel, black oxide finish and polished steel sleeves; Color bars are ace coated in red, blue, purple or pink & have UV stable acrylic clear coat with metallic flake; Green and orange bar have same quality with matte finish
- Trust: Trust experience; CAP has been a pioneer in the fitness industry for over 30 years and has locations worldwide; Chances are, if you have ever worked out before you have used a CAP product
What They’re Saying at Amazon and Walmart
The CAP OB-86B receives good feedback, but it’s a bit of a mixed bag. With an average rating of 4.5/5, here are some of the things people have said:
- “I was looking for a second bar for my home gym and was worried with reviews on other bars about how the grip would flake, bar was light, etc. I paid more for this one based on the name and reviews and I am glad I did. This bar is very high quality and the grip is the best I have felt, even among the bars in the commercial gym I go to. Its grippy but not harsh. Weights spin appropriately. While it cost twice as much as some bars, it is worth it in my book.”
- “Ordered this back in December and it finally arrived today. Overall I’m very happy with the purchase and would highly recommend it if the price point hits under-$200. I bought this at $187, which in my book was a STEAL…you can’t find a barbell of this quality for that low. So far no issues with metal splinters as others have mentioned…it’s nice and oiled up, which is exactly what you want to protect the finish.”
- “Perfect for my beginner expectations, have had no issues.”
- “Great barbell, I don’t have anything negative to say about it, it has great knurling for a good grip, very solid.”
- “Great product. Handles heavy load. Good grip. Amazing feel. Love doing deadlifts using this. Went upto 450lbs – works well.”
- “Good quality item, especially for the price. If you’re looking for weights for home use, you can’t go wrong with this!”
- “the knurling is pretty weak, and at times it is hard to find the grip spacing with out looking at the bar.”
- “This is my second 86B. The first one was flawless. Great bar, maybe the best, for the sub $150 market. The second bar I ordered is has a major problem. There are metal shards everywhere. I’ve been using it for a month now and my hands are filled with metal splinters. There is no easy or cost effect way of returning it for a replacement.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the CAP OB-86B.