Eleiko Sport Training Plates
- Manufacturer: Eleiko
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: NA/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: N/A
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Sweden
- Warranty: 3 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the Eleiko Sport Training Plates (KG) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Eleiko Sport Training Plates
Eleiko Sport Training Plates are Eleiko's most economical Olympic weightlifting plate. These plates have a full color scheme, they're durable, they're very thin, and they carry the great Eleiko reputation.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style, but they excel in Olympic weightlifting and even powerlifting given their low bounce and narrow width.
This is the KG variant – Eleiko also sells LB Sport Training Plates.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – Eleiko doesn't state a durometer rating on these plates, but they produce a low bounce.
- Zinc-Plated Steel Disc – These plates use a zinc-plated steel disc that looks similar to those used on urethane plates. It's not a full hub like on the competition/training plates, but it's a single-piece construction without bolts. The hole diameter is 50.4mm, which is standard for a competition plate, and which accommodates an Olympic-sized barbell very nicely.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Eleiko Sport Training Plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they're sold individually. Therefore, the price you see on their website needs to be doubled. The price you see on this page is for a pair of 20KG plates. Eleiko does not offer these plates in sets.
- Plate Width – These are some of the thinnest plates on the market. They're actually thinner than the more expensive IWF-approved competition and training plates. This means you can load more weight onto the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.34″
- 15KG – 1.57″
- 20KG – 1.93″
- 25KG – 2.44″
- Durability – These plates are extremely durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to sustain thousands and thousands of drops.
- Weight Tolerance – The Eleiko Sport Training Plates do not claim a guaranteed weight tolerance like their other plates. Generally, this type of plate will fall within +/- 1% of the stated weight. I see no reason why Eleiko would be outside of this range.
- Aesthetics – These plates look very nice. The colors are IWF coded and the contrasting raised white lettering pops – these are classic-looking plates.
What They're Saying at eleiko.com
Eleiko doesn't currently offer reviews on their website.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Eleiko Sport Training Plates.