Rogue Competition Plates – KG
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Competition Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 94/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 15 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Competition Plates (KG) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue KG Competition Plates
Rogue KG Competition Plates are high-quality, highly-accurate, and very well-regarded bumper plates. I have owned the LB version of these plates for several years and they get regular use from me – great plates all around.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the KG variant – you can find the LB Comp Plates here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- IWF Approved – Unlike the LB version, the KG Competition Plates from Rogue are approved by the IWF to be used in international competitions.
- Dead Bounce – These plates have a very high durometer rating of 94, which is among the highest in the industry. The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce. A rating of 94 will produce a very minimal bounce, which means you won’t end up following your bar as it bounces across the gym.
- Chrome-Plated Steel Disc – These plates use a beautiful chrome-plated steel disc, which is smooth on one side and which has 6 bolts on the other side for a very secure plate. The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is standard for this style of plate. This creates a snug fit on an Olympic-sized barbell.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue KG Competition Plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 90KG up to 140KG. Pricing on sets includes shipping, whereas individual pairs do not.
- Plate Width – One of the biggest benefits of these competition plates is that they have a slim profile, which means you can load more onto the bar. The 10KG and 15KG plates are slightly thinner than their Rogue LB counterparts. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.15″
- 15KG – 1.65″
- 20KG – 2.15″
- 25KG – 2.50″
- Durability – These plates are extremely durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to sustain thousands and thousands of drops without material concern. I have owned & used mine regularly for several years and they perform just as well as they did the day I received them.
- Texture – The plates have a pebble grain texture to them that helps your grip and creates a nice-looking matte finish.
- Weight Tolerance – The Rogue KG Competition Bumpers have a weight tolerance of +/- 15 grams, which is very accurate and which is to be expected with a competition-style plate.
- Aesthetics – These plates look fantastic. The colors are vibrant, the raised white lettering pops off the plate, and the chrome hub is mirror-like.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue KG Competition Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I bought a pair of 25kg plates well over a year ago and these plates are incredible. They take the punishment of snatches and cleans as good as the top end manufacturers. These are as durable as Eleiko and Uesaka to this point at a fraction of the price. Our weightlifting club has started to move to the rogue competition plates. You can’t wrong!!!”
- “These plates are beautiful and they fit the bar perfectly and they feel great to lift and drop. Love them.”
- “The quality of these plates is amazing. I’m slowly replacing my covid weight set. I now own 6 of these plates (3 pairs) and I wish I had two more pairs so that my workout buddies can use them.”
- “Rogue competition bumper plates offer a higher-end IWF approved solution at a strong price point compared to other IWF certified suppliers with satisfactory quality.”
- “I’ve owned a set of these plates for a few months now, and they’re top notch. I’ve used them in USAW competitions many times in the past, but you don’t get a true feel for the quality until you own them. My home gym has a concrete subfloor, sheets of OSB on top, and then a layer of rubber stall matts/ply wood to make a flush platform. These plates have a dead bounce, and aside from collecting dirt on the rims, still look brand new.”
- “I received this set a month ago for my garage gym and have been nothing but impressed by the comp. plate performance. Very well made more quiet than most bumpers when dropped from overhead. They have a raised lip on the edge and are easy to pick up off the ground, Colors are very vibrant. For the money you cant beat the quality and performance of these plates. Cant believe i waited so long to pick up this set.”
- “I bought 140kg of competition plates and while overall the quality is great, I was pretty disappointed that when my plates arrived, there were inconsistencies in the rubber. There were random dents in the rubber on the 10,15,25kg plates in various spots, and the packaging left scrapes on the 25 kg plates and imprints from the staples holding the box together. Obviously they will be beat up over time, but given rogues reputation I was pretty surprised at the inconsistencies within the plates, especially as their highest end plate product. Will they be noticeable in a few years as they wear? No. Would it stop me from buying from Rogue again? heck no. But do I expect better from them? Yes.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue KG Competition Plates.