Fringe Sport Longhorn Bar
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Purpose: Buffalo Bar
- Bar Weight: 46 lbs
- Shaft Diameter: 32mm
- Length: 87.5″
- Shaft Finish: Bright Zinc
- Sleeve Finish: Bright Zinc
- Sleeve Length: 16.5″
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Longhorn Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Longhorn Bar
The Fringe Sport Longhorn Bar is a high-quality Buffalo Bar with some nice features at a nice price.
While I don't own this bar, it is identical to the Vulcan Strength Buffalo Bar, which I do own. It's one that matches closely with the Kabuki Duffalo Bar at a much cheaper price, but it does lack some features in comparison.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- The Bend – The standout feature of a buffalo-style barbell is the bend. The Longhorn Bar is very reminiscent, if not identical to the Kabuki Duffalo bar.
- Bright Zinc – Bright Zinc is a cost-efficient plating that does an OK job at fighting off rust. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a good blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- Knurling – This bar has a rather aggressive knurl with a mountain pattern that has had the peaks removed in order to eliminate a harsh bite. Similar to the Duffalo Bar, the Fringe Sport Longhorn Bar has a wide center knurl and smooth center ring that makes it easy to line up in the center every time.
- Long, Olympic-Sized Sleeves – This bar includes a loadable sleeve length of 16.5″, which is longer than most traditional bars, but less than the Kabuki Duffalo Bar (17.25″). The sleeves are also Olympic-sized, which means you can use traditional collars. Lastly, these sleeves include a slight upward angle, which is said to change the center of gravity to offset the bend and better match a traditional barbell.
- Roll Pin Rotation System – Unlike the commonly used bushing system, the Longhorn bar uses a roll pin system to spin the sleeves. Given that the main use of this bar is squats/bench and not something more dynamic, it's a suitable system, in my opinion. Still, I would rather see a bushing system like on the Kabuki Duffalo bar.
- Bar Length – This bar offers an overall length of 87.5″ compared to the 95″ on the Kabuki bar. If space is an issue for you, this is something to consider.
- Weight Limit – This bar offers a weight limit of 800 lbs, which is plenty for most people, but it lags behind the Duffalo bar, which offers a 1,500 lb limit. It's unknown if both of these are testing a static hold or a dynamic hold.
From the Manufacturer
- Plush Back Seat. Backs aren't flat. They have roundness and contour shapes. When you saddle up to the Longhorn, it's going to sit with unmatched stability and comfort on your back, perfect for those long training drives. If you haven't felt one on your back yet, don't be surprised when it feels equivalent to sitting in a La-Z-Boy.
- Super Utility Player. After spending some time in the saddle, you won't even feel the Longhorn sitting on your back as it rests with natural ease either in a high bar or low bar position.
- No More Joint Rolling. You'll be delighted with the relief and comfort the Longhorn offers your shoulders, wrists and even biceps. Enjoy the smoothest ride ever that the Longhorn bar provides thanks to the altered angles and relaxing bend. Works wonders to reduce shoulder torque and wrist strain. If you have any shoulder issues, don't think twice to add this beast to your stable to reduce your burden.
- Power..uplift. Specifically designed for the dynamic duo of power lifts (squat and bench press) you'll squat easier and bench deeper. Enhances your position and bracing by improving lat engagement and scapular retraction. Be a real cowboy and saddle up for front squats and even rows.
- No More Dive Bars. Going from a straight bar to the Longhorn is like going from a hotel pillow to memory foam. The upgrade will make you never want to miss leg day ever again.
- Lifetime Warranty. You'll never have to worry about breaking bad with us, or bending it like Beckham. We want you to lift off, not to tee you off.
What They're Saying at Fringe Sport
The Fringe Sport Buffalo Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at fringesport.com.
- “Everything is exactly right – the curvature, the knurl, the sleeves, the finish… Truly I cannot imagine why you would want to purchase from anyone else with Fringe Sport selling this bar. The comfort during squats is all that people say it is – you focus entirely on the challenge of the weight without any distraction of wrist pain, shoulder pain, etc. FWIW, I’m doing squats of around 300 lbs and I’m in my 50s, to give you a sense of how I’m using the bar. Previously I was doing low bar squats with a power bar. I’m worried I’ll never want to go back to a regular bar. Great customer service too, by the way.”
- “I just got this bar and immediately used it for my squat and bench days. I like that my shoulders and elbows feel great after squatting. I was surprised how much it activate my chest when benching. Felt a good soreness the next day. Awesome bar, awesome price!”
- “I couldn’t be happier with this bar! The knurling grips hard but isn’t crazy sharp. Takes the pressure off your shoulders/bicep tendons during low bar squats. Great to bench with as well. I’ve used the more expensive competitors bar and the quality of this bar is just as good for half the price. You absolutely cannot go wrong with this bar!”
- “I was in the market for a Buffalo bar and saw this on the Black Friday flash sale. After using it for benching and squatting, I can honestly say the hype beyond these bars is real. The extra bench depth with this bar feels great, and heavier back squats are super comfortable on the back and shoulders. Oh, and the 32mm width is fantastic.”
- “The angle of the bar allows me to comfortably low bar squat, and my squat numbers increased immediately because I was not distracted by the discomfort in my shoulders and elbows. The shaft diameter also helps increase the comfort as the bar gets heavy due to the great surface area.”
- “Made with great quality steel and just as good if not better of a bar than the Kabuki strength duffalo. Would recommend for anyone serious about lifting weights with a specialty bar.”
- “Only downside, and it's 100% personal preference, is the sleeves are ribbed.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Longhorn Bar: