Fringe Sport Olympic Weightlifting Bar – Women
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 15kg
- Gender: Female
- Tensile Strength: 216,000
- Yield Strength: 206,900
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Olympic Weightlifting
- Shaft Finish: Hard/Matte Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 25mm
- Sleeve Finish: Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bearing
- Made In: Taiwan
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Fringe Sport Women’s Weightlifting Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Women’s Weightlifting Bar
Features & Highlights
- Matte Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag. The matte finish is a cool-looking feature that is different from the standard hard chrome.
- 25mm Shaft – The 25mm shaft will generate great whip and it’s consistent with female Olympic Weightlifting standards.
- No Center Knurl – The Fringe Sport Women’s Weightlifting Bar does not offer a center knurl, which common for a female Oly bar.
- Tensile Strength – This bar offers an impressive 216,000 PSI tensile strength, which stacks up very well against the competition.
- Grooved Sleeves – The sleeves on this bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates.
- Needle Bearings – Each sleeve offers four Taiwanese needle bearings.
- Strong Warranty – The Fringe Sport Women’s Weightlifting bar comes with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer’s defects and bending.
From the Manufacturer
The Fringe Sport Women’s Olympic Weightlifting Barbell is designed from the ground up to be a no-compromises 15kg weightlifting barbell offering competition-ready performance and everyday-training accessibility.
What happens when you think about barbells… all the time?
For us, it means we want to lift on the best.
And that’s what the Fringe Sport Olympic Weightlifting bar is. Designed from the ground up to offer an unparalleled lifting experience, and engineered to do this at an amazing price.
We started with the basics- the Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar conforms to IWF standards on weight, diameter, and knurl.
Then we geeked out.
- Steel – We chose a 216,200 PSI tensile strength steel that is super strong, yet nice and whippy.
- Knurl – We went a little deeper with our knurl than most do- delivering a bar that sticks to your hands when you need it to, but is light enough for training day in and day out.
- Finish – For launch, we are offering the Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar in Matte Chrome- providing excellent corrosion resistance with a nearly-bare-steel feel.
- Spin – You want bearings? We got your bearings! Four bearing cartridges provide fast, long spin for days.
The end result is an AMAZING barbell for Olympic weightlifting at a price that you won’t be able to believe.
What They’re Saying at FringeSport.com
The Fringe Sport Women’s Weightlifting Bar has little feedback available on their website. With an average rating of 4.0/5 at fringesport.com, here is what they said:
- “For the price, this bar is amazing, and unless you want a stainless or bare steel bar, I would buy this over any other offerings on the market at this time. Having either bearing on bushing, or enclosed bearing construction isn’t common yet, but it’s the best way to do it. This would be better (5 star) in bare steel with a much tighter, slightly deeper knurl pattern. Grip would be excellent, and the bare steel would probably never actually rust, just turn medium gray with some brown spots. People need to get over themselves with concerns about rusty bars.”
- “Sleeves are ribbed. This is stupid, it never stops plates from sliding, it just makes things a pain. Smooth sleeves with a tight tolerance are better.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Women’s Weightlifting Bar.