REP PR-4000 Power Rack
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Rack Type: 4 or 6-Post Power Rack
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 80″ or 93″
- Footprint: 33″-69.5″ Deep/50.5″ Wide (47″ Upright Width)
- Interior Depth/Width: 24″, 30″, or 41″/41″
- Weight: Varies
- Numbered Uprights: Yes
- Color: Multiple
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP PR-4000 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP PR-4000 Power Rack
The REP PR-4000 is one of REP's top power rack offerings. This rack can be purchased with 4 or 6 posts with three different depth options and two different height options. The rack is constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel with 5/8″ holes. See below for more details on this sizing.
This rack is compatible with REP's 4000 Series attachments as well as some attachments from other companies.
If you're looking for a 3×3 rack with 1″ holes, the REP PR-5000v2 is their high-end rack offering.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The PR-4000 rack from REP is constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it's assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is becoming increasingly popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic. One thing to keep in mind is that while this rack is advertised as 3×3, it's actually around 2.95×2.95 since it uses the metric system being an imported rack. This may have an impact on attachment compatibility from American-made companies. More on this in the below attachment section.
- 4 or 6-Post Design – This rack can be purchased in a 4-post or 6-post design. The primary benefits of a 6-post rack are the on-rack plate storage and the fact you don't have to bolt it down (although you still can). The benefit of a 4-post rack is that it saves space and money, but it does require front post stabilization (more below) or it needs to be bolted down.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate all of REP's 4000-Series accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The REP PR-4000 offers Westside hole spacing, which is a popular feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – The PR-4000 can be purchased in a variety of configurations based on your depth and height requirements. Depth options include 24″, 30″, and 41″ while height options include 80″ and 93″. One of the biggest benefits of the PR-4000 is that it offers a 47″ outside width vs. a 49″ width that some other companies use. This narrower width provides more room for your barbell & plates, which makes for a cleaner walk-out/re-rack. The following breaks down the dimensions for each rack option:
- 4-Post Rack w/ 24″ Depth: Total length of 33″ (58″ with front stabilizers) and a total width of 50.5″. The uprights themselves measure 30″ deep and 47″ wide.
- 4-Post Rack w/ 30″ Depth: Total length of 39″ (64″ with front stabilizers) and a total width of 50.5″. The uprights themselves measure 36″ deep and 47″ wide.
- 4-Post Rack w/ 41″ Depth: Total length of 50″ (75″ with front stabilizers) and a total width of 50.5″. The uprights themselves measure 47″ deep and 47″ wide.
- 6-Post Rack w/ 24″ Depth: Total length of 52.5″ and a total width of 50.5″. The uprights themselves measure 49.5″ deep and 47″ wide.
- 6-Post Rack w/ 30″ Depth: Total length of 58.5″ and a total width of 50.5″. The uprights themselves measure 55.5″ deep and 47″ wide.
- 6-Post Rack w/ 41″ Depth: Total length of 69.5″ and a total width of 50.5″. The uprights themselves measure 66.5″ deep and 47″ wide.
- Interior Rack Dimensions – The interior lifting area measures 24″, 30″, or 41″ depending on which rack you select. Either option offers plenty of room to lift, although the 24″ may feel tight to some users. I recommend 30″ or 41″. The 6-post option of the PR-4000 includes a 16″ depth storage section, which is great for storing plates and other accessories. This creates enough space to store plates without them getting in the way when lifting from the middle uprights.
- Safety Options – This rack includes pin & pipe safeties as standard, which are common. This safety system is the most cumbersome to set up and it has a powder-coated exterior. I strongly recommend that if you buy a PR-4000 rack that you upgrade to either the safety straps or the flip-down safeties. Both are easier to use and they protect your barbells much better. They also offer safety spotter arms with UHMW for the front of your rack, which I also really like since some people (like myself) enjoy lifting outside of their racks.
- Laser Cut Hole Numbers – The 4000 Series includes laser cut numbers every 5th hole.
- Multiple Color Options – You can purchase the PR-4000 in a variety of colors. There are currently 8 color choices to choose from including Black, Clear Coat, Red, Blue, Green, etc… These are colors that also match REP's high-quality benches, which means you can create a very cohesive look in your space.
What's Included in the Box
The REP PR-4000 Power Rack includes several notable attachments as standard:
- (2) Standard J-Cups – You can upgrade to the Sandwich cups for a premium, which I recommend.
- (2) Pin & Pipe Safeties – You can upgrade to the Flip-Down Safeties or the Safety Straps on the product page. I recommend at least one of the two.
- (10) Plate Storage Pins – With the 6-Post options, you will receive 3 pairs of 12″ weight pins and 2 pairs of 6″ weight pins.
- Laser-Cut REP Logo Plate
- (1) Single Skinny Pull-Up Bar. You can upgrade to the 2″ Pull-Up Bar, the Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar, or the Globe Pull-Up Bar.
- (4 or 6) 80″ or 93″ Uprights with side holes
- (4) 24″, 30″ or 41″ Crossmembers with Side Holes
The REP PR-4000 Rack is constructed with “3×3″ steel and 5/8” hardware, which is compatible with REP's 4000-Series Attachments.
Some attachments that I think are worthy of consideration include the Lat/Low Row Attachment, the multi-grip pull-up bar, the safety straps, the flip-down safeties, the landmine, and the sandwich cups.
The lat/low row attachment is a useful feature to perform cable movements off the back of the rack. Keep in mind this will add 27″ of length to your rack. The Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar adds more pull-up variety. The safeties are much better than the pin & pipes, the landmine opens up a lot of barbell movements, and the sandwich cups are an improvement over the standard cups.
As for attachment compatibility outside of REP Fitness, notable places to look are Rogue Fitness and Titan Fitness. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 5/8″ hardware (Rogue Monster Lite and Titan X-3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks. This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
Another thing to consider is that Rogue has a 49″ width vs 47″, so any attachment that spans the width of their racks will not fit the REP PR-4000 without modification.
What They're Saying at REP Fitness
The REP PR-4000 receives great feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at REP Fitness.
- “Purchased my PR4000 and absolutely love it. It's a 6 post rack with weight storage and Lat/low row pull down. Outstanding quality and look. I can now do just about any exercise at home as I would at a gym. The construction is solid. Have not found a single defect in any of the components. Watched the instructional video on setting up the lat pull down and it was a snap. Also bought the AB5000 zero gap. I'm a huge REP fitness fan!”
- “Had REP Rack setup for almost 8 months, love this setup, can easily add on to it and the quality is excellent, better than other competitors like Rogue. I will buy REP products from here on out.”
- “Built my own matte black PR4000 with lat/row attachment and iso arms on a smaller footprint with the help of Alex the Rep expert. I can't leave this thing alone. All I want to do is hang out in the garage and use it. 🙂 this is my first rack and given the quality of this rack, I expect my 3-year old's grandkids will be using it 60 years from now.”
- “Great rack! 24″x80″ 4 post allows you to do everything within a small foot print, even with plates stored on the rear posts. Looking forward to adding the lat pull/row to it to further expand it's capabilities!”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the REP PR-4000.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the REP PR-4000.