REP PR-5000 v2 Power Rack
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Rack Type: 4 or 6-Post Power Rack
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 1″
- Hole Spacing: 2″
- Height: 80″ or 93″
- Footprint: 39″-69.5″ Deep/50.5″ Wide (47″ Upright Width)
- Interior Depth/Width: 30″ or 41″/41″
- Weight: Varies
- Numbered Uprights: Yes
- Color: Multiple
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP PR-5000v2 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP PR-5000 v2 Power Rack
The REP PR-5000 v2 is a REP’s high-end power rack. This rack can be purchased with 4 or 6 posts with two different depth options and two different height options. The rack is constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel with 1″ holes. See below for more details on this sizing.
This rack is compatible with REP’s 5000 Series attachments as well as some attachments from other companies. This is a strong contender for a 3×3 rack based on specs, price, and user feedback.
I’ve owned this rack personally for over a year with a very positive experience overall.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The PR-5000v2 rack from REP is their top-of-the-line rack option. It’s constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s easily assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is becoming increasingly popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic. One thing to keep in mind is that while this rack is advertised as 3×3, it’s actually around 2.95×2.95 since it uses the metric system being an imported rack. This may have an impact on attachment compatibility from American-made companies. More on this in the below attachment section.
- 4 or 6-Post Design – This rack can be purchased in a 4-post or 6-post design. The primary benefits of a 6-post rack are the on-rack plate storage and the fact you don’t have to bolt it down (although you still can). The benefit of a 4-post rack is that it saves space and money, but it does require front post stabilization (more below) or it needs to be bolted down.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 1″ hardware and 2″ spacing on center, which is also increasing in popularity. 1″ hardware racks tend to get the best, most refined attachments. The rack will accommodate all of REP’s 5000-Series accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – The PR-5000v2 can be purchased in a variety of configurations based on your depth and height requirements. Depth options include 30″ and 41″ while height options include 80″ and 93″. One of the biggest benefits of the PR-5000 is that it offers a 47″ outside width vs. a 49″ width that some other companies use. This narrower width provides more room for your barbell & plates, which makes for a cleaner walk-out/re-rack. The following breaks down the dimensions for each rack option:
- 4-Post Rack w/ 30″ Depth: Total length of 39″ (64″ with front stabilizers) and a total width of 50.5″. The uprights themselves measure 36″ deep and 47″ wide.
- 4-Post Rack w/ 41″ Depth: Total length of 50″ (75″ with front stabilizers) and a total width of 50.5″. The uprights themselves measure 47″ deep and 47″ wide.
- 6-Post Rack w/ 30″ Depth: Total length of 58.5″ and a total width of 50.5″. The uprights themselves measure 55.5″ deep and 47″ wide.
- 6-Post Rack w/ 41″ Depth: Total length of 69.5″ and a total width of 50.5″. The uprights themselves measure 66.5″ deep and 47″ wide.
- Interior Rack Dimensions – The interior lifting area measures 30″ or 41″ deep depending on which rack you select. Either option offers plenty of room to lift comfortably. The 6-post option of the PR-5000 includes a 16″ depth storage section, which is great for storing plates and other accessories. This creates enough space to store plates without them getting in the way when lifting from the middle uprights.
- Safety Options – This rack includes pin & pipe safeties as standard, which are common. This safety system is the most cumbersome to set up and it has a powder-coated exterior. I strongly recommend that if you buy a PR-5000 rack that you upgrade to either the safety straps or the flip-down safeties. Both are easier to use and they protect your barbells much better. They also offer safety spotter arms with UHMW for the front of your rack, which I also really like since some people (like myself) enjoy lifting outside of their racks.
- Laser Cut Hole Numbers – The 5000 Series includes laser cut numbers, which is a great feature for easy adjustments on J-cups, safeties, etc…
- Multiple Color Options – You can purchase the PR-5000v2 in a variety of colors. There are currently 8 color choices to choose from including Black, Clear Coat, Red, Blue, Green, etc… These are colors that also match REP’s high-quality benches, which means you can create a very cohesive look in your space.
What’s Included in the Box
The REP PR-5000 v2 Power Rack includes several notable attachments as standard:
- (2) Standard J-Cups – You can upgrade to the Sandwich cups for a premium, which I recommend.
- (2) Pin & Pipe Safeties – You can upgrade to the Flip-Down Safeties or the Safety Straps on the product page. I recommend at least one of the two.
- (10) Plate Storage Pins – With the 6-Post options, you will receive 3 pairs of 12″ weight pins and 2 pairs of 6″ weight pins.
- Laser-Cut REP Logo Plate
- (1) Single Skinny Pull-Up Bar. You can upgrade to the 2″ Pull-Up Bar, the Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar, or the Globe Pull-Up Bar.
- (4 or 6) 80″ or 93″ Uprights with side holes
- (4) 30″ or 41″ Crossmembers with Side Holes
The REP PR-5000v2 Rack is constructed with “3×3″ steel and 1” hardware, which is compatible with REP’s 5000-Series Attachments.
The lat/low row attachment is a useful feature to perform cable movements off the back of the rack. Keep in mind this will add 27″ of length to your rack. The safeties are much better than the pin & pipes, the landmine opens up a lot of barbell movements, and the sandwich cups are an improvement over the standard cups.
As for attachment compatibility outside of REP Fitness, notable places to look are Rogue Fitness, Sorinex, Titan Fitness, Fray Fitness, Griffin Fitness, and Fringe Sport. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 1″ hardware (Rogue Monster, Various Sorinex, Titan Series, Fray Savage, Griffin GR3, Fringe 3×3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks (Rogue and Sorinex). This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
Another thing to consider is that Rogue has a 49″ width vs 47″, so any attachment that spans the width of their racks will not fit the REP PR-5000v2 without modification.
What They’re Saying at REP Fitness
The REP PR-5000v2 receives excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at REP Fitness.
- “Its a forever rack that hybrids between the Sorinex and the Rogue Monster. One of the big things that separates this from the above two are the attachments, such as a traditional lat pulldown thats placed perfectly inside the back of the rack. Its not reinventing the wheel but for some products you dont have too. Thats how you end up the atrocity they call the Rogue Slinger. The width of the rack is the same as the Sorinex, which allows for a much better fit if specialty barbells. Overall Im happy with this purchase, its my forever rack”
- “The PR-5000 V2 is hands down the best power rack you can buy on the market. When the wife and I decided to pull the trigger on a power rack we searched high and low for a high quality power rack that would fit in our basement with restricted ceiling height. Thankfully we came across the PR-5000. 3″x3″ post 11 gauge steel with 1″ holes which means it works with all the attachments from the other manufacturers. We went with the 80″ matte black uprights (amazing) and blue 30″ cross members. The blue on black looks awesome. We also went with the weight storage and the back support bar. If I had one thing to say it would be get the weight storage, you will not regret. We also went with the standard pull up bar and side mount globe pull up bar. The rack is solid and does not budge with me hanging on the side. As mentioned in another post, get a 12″ crescent wrench and 36 mm socket. 36 mm socket is needed for the 1″ bolts.”
- “Im extremely pleased with my PR-5000. Its a great eye catcher and with all the attachments its great for my studio. You wont find anything better especially for the price! More orders to come from Rep Fitness!”
- “Been waiting for a while to get my hands on the PR-5000 v2 rack. I don’t normally write reviews but this rack has exceeded my expectations. I was debating on whether or not to go with Rep or Rogue but the big selling point for me was the lat pull down/low row attachment. It works great and is a big space saver. The rack is solid. With the weight storage addition this thing is very stable. The attachments are great (got the landmine, leg rollers, sandwiched J cups, rear stabilizer, pull-up bar, weight horns, strap safeties and dip attachment).”
- “The REP PR-5000 v2 is an awesome power rack. The standard 3×3 uprights with 1 inch holes allow for all sorts of attachments and accessories no matter what type of workout you are focusing on. I bought the front foot extenders and it feels incredibly sturdy without bolting to the floor. I am a buy it once, buy it right person. I am very happy with this purchase and can see it lasting for years and years and years. Not to figure out what additional accessories to get with it.”
- “This thing is an absolute beast. Welds look good and the clear coat finish looks amazing. The 1″ hardware is beastly and the 3×3 posts just seem like an investment that will last me forever. I am glad I went with the 5000 even if it is probably overkill.”
- “If there is one minor criticism it would be not knowing what size tools to use with the gigantic hardware. Thanks to other reviews here get a 12″ crescent wrench and 36M socket.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The REP PR-5000 was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab Best Squat Rack Awards.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the REP PR-5000v2.