Rep Urethane Coated Equalizers
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Plate Type: Urethane Coated Steel Plate
- Steel Type: Cast Iron
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 2.5LB-45LB
- Weight Tolerance: +/-3%
- Diameter: Varies (159mm-447mm)
- Hole Size: ~51mm
- Color: Black
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: Lifetime for 10LB + & 5 Years on 2.5LB and 5LB
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP Urethane Coated Equalizers including product details, features, a full GGL review, real user feedback, and more.
REP Urethane Coated Equalizers
REP Urethane Coated Equalizers are machined cast iron hexagonal shooter-style plates with a durable urethane coating. They're reasonably thin, very easy to handle, accurate, and great-looking. I personally own these plates, and I've been very happy with them.
Rep also sells an iron version of these plates.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Accuracy – These plates from REP have a guaranteed weight tolerance of +/-3%, which isn't as accurate as the iron version, but which is fairly standard for similar style plates. I have weighed each of my plates and they're all well within this tolerance.
- Weight Offerings – REP Urethane Coated Equalizers can be purchased from 2.5LB up to 45LB and they're sold in pairs. Sets are not currently offered.
- Width – These plates have a fairly thin profile of less than 2″ on the 45LB plate. Of course, these are going to be thicker than the iron version since it's coated with urethane, but you can still load ~800LB on the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 2.5LB – 0.9″
- 5LB – 1″
- 10LB – 1.4″
- 25LB – 2″
- 35LB – 2″
- 45LB – 1.8″
- Diameter – Unlike bumper plates, iron plates do not offer consistent plate diameters. Most users will at least have a pair of 45LB plates on the bar when deadlifting, so it's not a big concern, even if it is slightly under the 450mm standard height at 447mm. Plate diameters as follows:
- 2.5LB – 159mm
- 5LB – 203mm
- 10LB – 229mm
- 25LB – 305mm
- 35LB – 355mm
- 45LB – 447mm
- Hole Size – The REP Urethane Coated Equalizers have a slightly wider hole opening than most at ~51mm (vs. 50.6mm for similar-style plates). They're very easy to load onto the bar, but you absolutely need to use collars with these plates.
- Shooter Style – With six hexagonal cutouts in the plate, carrying/handling them is made very easy. A common complaint of standard iron plates is that they can be difficult to pick up, especially from the flat position. That isn't the case with shooter-style plates. The hex-style also great a flat grip unlike a rounded cutout – something that I prefer.
- Aesthetics/Finish – These plates from REP have a very nice-looking urethane coating. It's durable and very sleek. There are only a few very minor cosmetic concerns wear some seams join, but otherwise, I really like the way these plates look. The inset glossy white lettering looks great as well.
- Durability – These are very durable. Urethane in general is a very resilient material and with the cast iron underneath, these should last a very long time, especially in a home gym environment.
What They're Saying at repfitness.com
REP Urethane Coated Equalizers receive excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com.
- “These plates are beautiful. Weight accuracy is dead-on. Finish is gorgeous. Fit is smooth and snug. I'm surprised I haven't seen more rave reviews online about these.”
- “I ordered 10×45 of these, I already had the iron equalizer machined change plates And love them. I was apprehensive about getting these initially but they are perfect. With the urethane coating they are going to be chip and rust resistant out in the garage gym.”
- “I ordered 6×45#, and a pair of all the other weights and they arrived by freight in perfect condition. They look great and are precise. Reps communication with me through this process was very good. Keep up the good work!”
- “The partial set of urethane coated equalizers I recently ordered arrived and I'm happy with the plates. They appear to be well crafted and the urethane coating is snug. Much easier to move than regular iron plates because of the grip factor. I'm going to order two sets of 10s when they're back in stock. Id recommend these plates to a friend.”
- “Just received about 600lbs of these plates 2 days ago. Overall, I am very satisfied. Weights are accurate and look to be well crafted. The overall thickness of the plates are slightly more than you’re used to with standard plates, but definitely not a major issue. Would highly recommend!”
- “The only reason I give them 4 stars it’s because they don’t snug the bar but not all plates are perfect they still do the job.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed these plates. You can read the full review or view the synopsis below.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the REP Urethane Coated Equalizers.