Rogue 6-Shooter Olympic Grip Plates
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Steel Plate
- Steel Type: Cast Iron
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 2.5LB-45LB
- Weight Tolerance: Varies (+/- 1%-3%)
- Diameter: Varies (162mm-448mm)
- Hole Size: 50.6mm
- Color: Gray Hammertone
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Six-Shooter Olympic Grip Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue 6-Shooter Olympic Grip Plates
Rogue 6-Shooter Olympic Grip Plates are machined cast iron plates with a hole-patterned design popularized by Ivanko. These plates are accurate, thin, durable, and very easy to handle. They also receive very positive feedback from users.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Accuracy – These plates from Rogue have a solid weight tolerance for cast iron plates. On plates 25LB-45LB variants, they have a tolerance of +/-1%. On 2.5LB-10LB variants, the tolerance isn’t as high at +/-3%.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue 6-Shooter Olympic Grip Plates can be purchased from 2.5LB up to 45LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in a 245LB set, which includes free shipping.
- Width – Another nice benefit of these plates is that they are very narrow – narrower than the machined Olympic plates. You won’t get the same narrow width of a calibrated plate, but you can load nearly 1,000LB on the bar with these plates.
- 2.5LB – 0.63″
- 5LB – 0.83″
- 10LB – 1.22″
- 25LB – 1.45″
- 35LB – 1.45″
- 45LB – 1.36″
- Diameter – Unlike bumper plates, iron plates do not offer consistent plate diameters. Most users will at least have a pair of 45LB plates on the bar when deadlifting, so it’s not a big concern, but if you do pull with anything less than 135LB, just know that it won’t be from standard height. Another thing to point out is the 45LB at 448mm is slightly smaller than a standard diameter of 450mm.
- 2.5LB – 162mm
- 5LB – 195mm
- 10LB – 228mm
- 25LB – 308mm
- 35LB – 376mm
- 45LB – 448mm
- Hole Size – The Rogue 6-Shooter Olympic Grip Plates have a 50.6mm hole diameter, which will accommodate Olympic-sized bars nicely. They won’t fit as snug as a 50.4mm hole, but they will slide on and off the bar more easily.
- Shooter Style – With six circular cutouts in the plate, carrying/handling them is a breeze. A common complaint of standard iron plates is that they can be difficult to pick up, especially from the flat position. That isn’t the case with shooter-style plates.
- Aesthetics/Finish – These plates from Rogue have a very nice-looking gray hammertone finish with black raised lettering. In addition to their function, the holes also create a very fun aesthetic.
- Durability – These are cast iron plates and overall durability is very good. As with any plate, durability will come down to frequency of use and how they’re used. These plates should last years and withstand a lot of abuse.
What They’re Saying at roguefitness.com
Rogue 6-Shooter Olympic Grip Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.7/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I’ve had these for over 1 yr. Very happy. They still look amazing. I had competition plates before this and switched as they were a pain to use daily. These plates are so easy to move around. The tolerance is more than good enough both the weight and center hole.”
- “These plates weighed in well within the tolerances in the 4 pair of 45s, 1 pair 35s, 2 pair of 25s and 1 pair 10s. Finish is not consistent but finish is solid. Fit on bar with no slip and against each other with no wobbling. Plates are easy to handle. Though pricey they are worth it.”
- “Easy to pick up with the holes. Much easier than bumpers or calibrated plates which is why I bought them.”
- “Had these plates for about 4 months now and they are legit. No chipping, no dings and no defects on arrival. Rogue quality that you would expect.”
- “I’ve had these for about two weeks now and I’m in love. They have imperfections which are not noticeable unless you’re nitpicking so if you’re too good for that, get something else. If you want some sweet steel plates with great appearance and grip, then these are perfect and you won’t regret it. I always get compliments on these plates because they’re just that sexy.”
- “My only complaint is there are some rough edges or burrs on the finish.”
- “Been using these for a couple months and was stoked when they showed up but was quickly disappointed. Finish is very inconsistent and chips off pretty quickly. While they are solid plates, I expected a bit better quality considering the price I paid for them.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Six-Shooter Olympic-Grip Plates.