Rogue Competition Plates – LB
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Competition Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 25LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 94/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 15 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Competition Plates (LB) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue LB Competition Plates
Rogue LB Competition Plates are high-quality, highly-accurate, and very well-regarded bumper plates. I have owned these plates for several years and they get regular use from me – great plates all around.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the LB variant – you can find the KG Competition Plates here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dead Bounce – These plates have a very high durometer rating of 94, which is among the highest in the industry. The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce. A rating of 94 will produce a very minimal bounce, which means you won’t end up following your bar as it bounces across the gym.
- Chrome-Plated Steel Disc – The LB Competition Plates from Rogue use a beautiful chrome-plated steel disc, which is smooth on one side and which has 6 bolts on the other side for a very secure plate. The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is standard for this style of plate. This creates a snug fit on an Olympic-sized barbell.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue LB Competition Plates can be purchased from 25LBS up to 55LBS and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 210LBS up to 320LBS. Pricing on sets includes shipping, whereas individual pairs do not.
- Plate Width – One of the biggest benefits of these competition plates is that they have a slim profile, which means you can load more onto the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 25LB – 1.25″
- 35LB – 1.70″
- 45LB – 2.15″
- 55LB – 2.50″
- Durability – These plates are extremely durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to sustain thousands and thousands of drops without material concern. I have owned & used mine regularly for several years and they perform just as well as they did the day I received them.
- Texture – The plates have a pebble grain texture to them that helps your grip and creates a nice-looking matte finish.
- Weight Tolerance – The Rogue LB Competition Bumpers have a weight tolerance of +/- 15 grams, which is very accurate and which is to be expected with a competition-style plate.
- Aesthetics – These plates look fantastic. The colors are vibrant, the raised white lettering pops off the plate, and the chrome hub is mirror-like.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue LB Competition Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “When the first of my several sons started high school 6 years ago, I purchased 700+ lbs. of the Rogue competition plates (two of the 320 lb. sets, along with 4x10lbs, 2x5lbs, and 2×2.5lbs.), as part of a larger Rogue home gym. The cost of all the plates is undeniably steep, but they are rock solid reliable, have dead cat bounce, and are practically indestructible under ordinary use. These plates have been dropped thousands of times, and look as good today as the day I got them. To give you an idea of how nice and downright inspirational these plates are, when our high school football team has its semi-annual power move testing, many players have told me they would prefer to be tested at my place instead of their well funded gym. I cannot say enough about Rogue equipment—it’s the best investment you will ever make in yourself!”
- “Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 25’s, 45’s, and 55’s. Rogue needs to get the 35’s out soon so I can complete the set! lol…anyway, I’m blown away how these look and perform. My twin 17 year olds are training for college baseball showcases and the clean lift and drop are no problem for these plates. Truly pro-level and competitive worthy.”
- “Best bumper plates you can get. Everything you buy from Rogue is top quality. Would definitely recommend!”
- “I purchased a set to build out my home gym. I have been very happy with the quality and functionality of these plates. It has been well worth the investment!”
- “These are the best bumpers I have ever used. I bought another 390lbs to do giant sets.”
- “I decided to upgrade my Olympic plates and chose Rogue Fitness. Wise choice. The plates are excellent quality and fit perfectly on the bar. They are easy to grip when loading and unloading. I can’t wait to purchase more.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Rogue Competition Bumper Plates were a winner in the Garage Gym Lab Best Weight Plate Awards and the Best Bumper Plate Awards. You can also read my full review or you can view the synopsis below.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue LB Competition Plates.