Rogue Euro WL Bar
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 215,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Needle Bearing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Euro WL Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Euro Weightlifting Bar
The Rogue Euro WL Bar is an IWF-Certified Olympic weightlifting bar made in the USA with a lifetime warranty.
Equipped with a 28mm shaft, Olympic knurl marks, needle bearings, a center knurl, and a 215,000 PSI tensile strength, it’s spec’d to handle all of your Olympic weightlifting needs.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Finish – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of a bare steel, stainless steel, etc.. shaft.
- IWF Certified – This bar has been approved by the International Weightlifting Federation to be used in competition. The IWF emblem is embossed in blue on the shaft.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft will generate great whip and it’s consistent with Olympic Weightlifting standards.
- Center Knurl – The Euro WL Bar from Rogue does include a center knurl, but it’s less aggressive than the outer knurl.
- Tensile Strength – This bar offers an impressive 215,000 PSI tensile strength, which stacks up very well against the competition.
- Grooved Sleeves – The sleeves on this bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates.
- American Made – This bar is 100% made in America.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Euro WL Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things they have said at roguefitness.com:
- “When I initially purchased this barbell, I was a bit hesitant because of the price. after having it for a few months now, I have to say it had been one of the best purchases I have made for my home gym. I use it for all sorts of workouts other than Olympic lifting and it holds true. Pricey, but worth it!”
- “This barbell has a dark silver Cerakote finish, and is absolutely stunning. I look forward to using it every session. The spin is spot on, less free rotation than the standard WL bar but smoother, which makes it feel well built. The center knurling is softer (less aggressive) than the outer grip knurling, so won’t be an issue unless you have protruding collar bones. The grip knurling is brilliant, not painful, and I find less need for chalk with this bar. Whip is great on contact and in dipping motions. Rogue and IWF logos look dope, and obviously the quality lives up to those accreditations. As you’d expect with Cerakote finishes, this bar is needing less maintenance which is great. I brush the knurling every session and wipe down the bar some 3-in-1 oil lightly every other week for my own piece of mind. Something I regretted not doing with my old Rogue WL bar. I would 10/10 recommend this beauty!”
- “There is great whip for the classic lifts, but not enough on movements such as squats or pulls to make you feel unsteady during the lift – a really good balance. The knurling is sharp but forgiving. I am very prone to tearing calluses but haven’t had any issues using this bar. The IWF branding is a nice aesthetic touch to an overall great bar, I’d definitely recommend to other home gym starters.”
- “I bought this bar for my boyfriend, and he said it’s the best bar he’s ever used – please note that we’ve both used Eleiko bars, and this one is faster, the bearings are incredible, and it’s crazy whippy. Absolutely love it.”
- “This is the perfect bar. Amazing knurl and spin.”
- “Decided to treat myself to this beautiful, exceedingly well-made piece of art and I am in no way disappointed. It’s every bit the equal of a certain Swedish competitor, and I prefer the knurl on this to the cheese-grater knurl on that OTHER bar. 🙂 Spins like a dream. Just buy it, you won’t regret it.”
- “The coating is not the best and the bar began to rust a little despite having it for almost just a year. The center knurl should be replaced with a ghost center.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Euro WL Bar: