Rogue Ohio Bar – Cerakote
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Multipurpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Cerakote or Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Composite Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Rogue Cerakote Ohio Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Ohio Bar – Cerakote
The Rogue Ohio Bar is one of the most popular multipurpose bars on the market. In the Cerakote variant, you have the ability to choose from multiple color options, with the added benefit of excellent corrosion resistance.
In addition to the shaft color, you can also choose between a hard chrome sleeve or a black Cerakote sleeve.
Equipped with a 28.5mm shaft, dual knurl marks, and composite bushings, the Ohio Bar is built for a variety of lifts, ranging from Olympic lifts to power lifts.
Here are some further details about the bar:
The knurling on the Ohio Bar naturally has a medium-depth profile with a low surface. This creates a balanced-feel that works well across the entire lift spectrum. It’s not going to offer much of a bite, making it especially good for higher volume/rep training. Most users report very favorably on the knurl pattern, although some find the Cerakote to lean mild. If you’re looking to use this bar on heavier lifts, you may find yourself reaching for chalk or straps.
With Cerakote being an applied coating, it will tend to fill in some of the knurl depth. Compared to a bar with no coating (stainless, bar steel, etc..) or a conversion coating (black oxide, etc..), Cerakote will make the bar feel slightly less aggressive. Cerakote does tend to take chalk well though.
The Ohio Bar does not come with center knurl, which makes it comfortable in a variety of positions. The bar also includes “ROGUE” stamped in the center of the bar, which helps with alignment in the absence of the center knurl. Dual knurl marks indicate that this is a true multi-purpose bar.
This bar has a 28.5mm shaft, which is a very common diameter for a multi-purpose bar. This creates a shaft that isn’t too rigid and also not too whippy, making it a good hybrid between powerlifting and weightlifting. The Ohio Bar offers a 190,000 PSI tensile strength, putting it right in the wheelhouse for a multi-purpose bar.
The Cerakote coating will provide excellent corrosion resistance, making this a great option if you train in a humid environment.
The sleeves on the Cerakote Ohio Bar are grooved, and they can be purchased in either black Cerakote of hard chrome. The benefit of grooved sleeves is that they tend to keep plates in place better than smooth sleeves if/when you’re not using collars. The downside is that they make a loud zip noise in comparison when sliding plates on and off.
With regards to sleeve finish, the Cerakote sleeves are going to look great out of the box. After a few uses, however, you may begin to see scratches and scuffs that are caused by the plates. With hard chrome, you won’t have this concern. In either case, it’s a purely a cosmetic consideration.
The sleeves rotate using composite bushings, which promote a smooth and steady spin… again, ideal for a variety of lifts.
Aesthetically, the Cerakote version of the Ohio Bar is one of the best looking bars in the Ohio Bar line. With the option to pick from multiple colors, you can add some flavor to your gym. The biggest question when it comes to Cerakote is longevity. We’ve already talked about the sleeves, but on the shaft, it’s important to be mindful of the coating. That means using j-cups with UHMW to help protect metal-on-metal contact. Otherwise, you risk chipping the Cerakote, which can be unsightly and also allow rust to form on the bare steel.
The end caps on the Ohio Bar are classic, and I think they’re one of the best in the game. The outline of Ohio with “R” in the center is a refined look, and it pops on the red background.
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Finish – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of a bare steel, stainless steel, etc.. shaft.
- Multiple Color Options – The bar includes a variety of color options including black, blue, red, green, orange, maroon, etc…
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the Rogue Ohio Bar is comfortable in the hands and provides a nice balance between rigid and whippy, making it ideal for a variety of lifts.
- No Center Knurl – The Cerakote Ohio Bar does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
- Grooved Sleeves in Chrome or Cerakote– The bar can be purchased with either black cerakote sleeves or chrome sleeves.
- American Made – This bar is 100% made in America.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Ohio Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things they have said at roguefitnes.com:
- “I’ve had the bar for about 7 months now and have tried really hard to abuse this thing. Not only does it look great but it holds up really well. This is probably the best investment i’ve made for my garage gym yet. Super happy and this is a great product.”
- “It is a multi-purpose bar, so it was great to use in my type of training; mix of Powerlifting and Olympic lifting. The knurling is just right — not too passive, not too aggressive. The spin is great as well.”
- “Bought this Ohio bar a few weeks ago, very impressed by how durable it is! Use for everything, bench, deadlift and of course my favorite squat. Couldn’t ask for a better bar and the colors to choose from really make it worth while.”
- “Lifted with various bars for 30 Plus years…spent a lot of time researching and reviewing many different bars and brands and finally treated myself to the rogue Ohio… I am so glad I did…I have never lifted with such a beautiful bar…balanced…knurl is comfortable with no need for chalk….love the rogue branding on the smooth…just an awesome bar!! So happy with my decision!”
- “The knurling is perfect. It has a good grip without tearing up your hands.
Seriously great craftsmanship.”
- “You don’t want to put this bar on steel hooks, it got scratched instantly when I put it on my bench.”
- “Only thing that i found (not necessarily an issue) is the cerakote does dull the knurling a bit, however still a big upgrade over what i was using.”
- “Ordered the red and black finish. After only a handful of times the black sleeves began to wear and red cerakote began to chip/scrape off.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Rogue Ohio Bar was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab 2022 Best Barbell Awards.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Cerakote Ohio Bar.