Rogue Ohio Power Bar – Custom
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 45lb
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 205,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome, Cerakote, or Stainless Steel
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Rogue Custom Ohio Power Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Ohio Power Bar – Custom
The Rogue Ohio Power Bar is a very popular powerlifting bar with a great reputation. This bar is made in multiple finish options, which caters to different people for several reasons.
On this version, Rogue has given you the option to customize several aspects of the bar. The shaft is finished in Cerakote, which comes in a color of your choosing. Additionally, you'll be able to select the sleeve finish either in black Cerakote, hard chrome, or stainless steel (upcharge). You can also add text to the center of the shaft or even an image to truly make this bar your own.
This bar has several other notable features that are outlined below.
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Finish – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of a bare steel, stainless steel, etc… shaft.
- Multiple Color Options – The bar includes a variety of color options including black, blue, red, green, orange, maroon, etc…
- Customization – In addition to picking the color, you can choose your sleeve finish and you can add text/images to your bar's shaft.
- Aggressive Knurling – The knurling on the OPB is fairly aggressive, but due to its volcanic pattern, it's not sharp, nor is it as aggressive as some other knurl patterns. It strikes a very good balance that makes it a great choice for a daily driver.
- 29mm Shaft – The 29mm shaft on the Rogue Custom Power Bar is consistent with IPF standards. It creates a very rigid shaft ideal for the big 3 power lifts.
- IPF Knurl Marks – This bar offers single powerlifting knurl marks spec'd to IPF requirements.
- Tensile Strength – This version of the OPB offers an impressive 205,000 PSI tensile strength, which is firmly in the wheelhouse of top-flight power bars.
- Grooved Sleeves in Chrome, Cerakote, or Stainless – The bar can be purchased with either black Cerakote sleeves, chrome sleeves, or stainless steel sleeves (upcharge). I would recommend either chrome or stainless since Cerakote will tend to show imperfections quickly as plates slide on and off.
- Bushings – The bar offers a bronze bushing rotation system, which is very common with a power bar.
- Center Knurl – This bar includes a center knurl in the same knurl pattern as the rest of the bar.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty.
- Made in America – The OPB is made in Columbus, Ohio.
From the Manufacturer
Our 45 LB Ohio Power Bar is now fully customizable through the ZEUS Build-a-Bar system, giving gym owners and everyday athletes unprecedented control over the look and feel of their barbell. From the color of the shaft and sleeves to the addition of your own custom logos and lettering, each bar can uniquely reflect the style of any team, school, business, etc.
It’s all part of Rogue’s groundbreaking ZEUS project; using today’s advanced technology to create a simple, truly individualized gym outfitting experience.
The core functional features of this custom bar will remain the same as our standard Ohio Power Bar, including a zero-flex 205,000 PSI steel shaft, quality bronze bushings, aggressive knurling, and our Rogue Work Hardening (RWH™) treatment—which combines with a special Cerakote shaft finish to give the bar an elite F-Scale durability rating of F8-R. From there, customers can “make it their own” by using our drop-down customization menu.
All 29mm Ohio Power Bars are manufactured in Columbus, OH, and feature single powerlifting knurl marks and center knurling, machined in a pattern that’s deep and coarse without being sharp or abrasive. This makes the bar a perfectly honed workhorse for the bench, squat, and deadlift.
What They're Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue Custom Power Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 4.9/5 average rating at roguefitness.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “The coating and machining and balance of this bar is awesome, well worth the money!!”
- “The custom work was excellent, the bar had some cosmetic flaws do to shipping issues. Rouge was willing to replace the bar but it was only cosmetic so I declined, they stand behind there work.”
- “I have been using this bar for about a month and I absolutely love it!”
- “Bought this about over a month and absolutely love it. For the price, it handles anything from bench to squat, knurling is outstanding.”
- “I cringe reracking this bar on my gym’s bare metal jcups. I can see the finish rubbing off but this could all be solved with better quality jcups.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this version of the bar, however, you can read my review of the stainless steel version here.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Custom Ohio Power Bar.