Vulcan Absolute Stainless Steel Power Bar
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 240,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Stainless Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Sleeve Finish: Stainless Steel
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Stainless Steel Bushing
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Vulcan Absolute Stainless Steel Power Bar including product details, features, a full GGL review, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Absolute Stainless Steel Power Bar
The Vulcan Absolute Stainless Steel Power Bar is one of the best power bars on the market.
I have used this bar for several years, and it’s simply outstanding. It offers one of the best knurls I have ever seen – from feel to overall execution, it’s fantastic.
With impressive specs from end to end, this is a very premium bar… at a premium price.
Check out all the details below:
Features & Highlights
- Stainless Steel – Stainless steel is excellent at preventing rust and it provides a true raw feel. While it is one of the more expensive options, it is arguably the best one available. Aside from the oxidation resistance and excellent feel, stainless steel also looks fantastic. This bar offers stainless steel on both the shaft and the sleeves.
- Aggressive Knurling – This bar has a very aggressive knurl that isn’t overly sharp. It has a mountainous profile with pitted tops to reduce some of the bite. If you’re looking for a PR bar, this one will be tough to beat. It’s also a suitable everyday driver.
- 29mm Shaft – The 29mm shaft on the Vulcan Absolute Stainless Steel Power Bar is consistent with IPF standards. It creates a very rigid shaft ideal for the big 3 power lifts.
- IPF Knurl Marks – This bar offers single powerlifting knurl marks spec’d to IPF requirements.
- Tensile Strength – The 240k PSI tensile strength of the Absolute Stainless Power Bar is among the highest in the entire industry.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves are also stainless steel.
- Bushings – The bar offers a bushing rotation system, which is expected with a power bar. Unlike most bars that utilize composite or bronze bushings, this bar uses stainless steel bushings.
- Center Knurl – This bar includes a center knurl in the same knurl pattern as the rest of the bar.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty.
What They’re Saying at Vulcan Strength
The Vulcan Absolute Stainless Steel Power Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 5/5 average rating at vulcanstrength.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “I’ve owned a lot of power bars (Rogue OPB, Kabuki Power Bar, Ivanko OBS-20kg, AB Super Power Bar, Rogue B&R 2.0) and the Vulcan Absolute SS is my favorite of the bunch. Just a great combination of aggressive knurl pattern (but not Too abrasive), high build quality, all stainless materials, and excellent price point. There is also zero side-to-side sleeve slop/play and the sleeves spin slow, just like they should for a power bar. The stainless finish is stunning, in person. Overall, this a very nice bar that will last forever… I highly recommend it. I also made an error in the shipping option and Vulcan was quick to fix. Thanks!!
- “Well designed bar. The knurling is just right for a good grip without tearing up your hands.”
- “O.M.G. Vulcan for the win. I have been in the market for a great, or let’s say, the best power bar. And today Vulcan added this to their lineup. Knurl, yes. 240k, yes. And stainless steel, yupp. Time to lift some heavy ass weight.”
- “Shipping and delivery: bar shipped promptly and arrived undamaged, though box was damaged. No problems. Bar appearance / finish: most beautiful bar I’ve ever handled. Bar knurling: knurling is fine and sharp, and my favorite of any bar I’ve ever owned or used (including Ivanko, Q-Bar, Texas PB, Rogue Ohio PB, and York) Bar construction: Very good. Sleeves are beautiful. Lateral sleeve movement is sub-millimeter. Steel quality: As far as I can tell, excellent. No whip on squats up to 551 lbs. Overall: thrilled with my purchase.
- “There is a little more vertical movement than I would like, but this does not affect use.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed this bar. You can read the full review here, or you can view the synopsis below.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Absolute Stainless Steel Power Bar.