Rogue Ohio Power Bar – Fully Stainess Steel
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 45lb
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 200,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Stainless Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Sleeve Finish: Stainless Steel
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Rogue Fully Stainless Steel Ohio Power Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Ohio Power Bar – Fully Stainless Steel
The Rogue Ohio Power Bar is probably the most popular and highest-selling power bars ever. The bar is sold in multiple variations at various price points. This particular version is their nicest and most expensive. It includes a fully stainless steel assembly, shaft and sleeves.
Equipped with a 29mm shaft, single powerlifting marks, a 200,000 PSI tensile strength, and bronze bushings, the Fully Stainless Steel Ohio Power Bar is built to handle all of your powerlifting needs.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Stainless Steel – Stainless steel is excellent at preventing rust and it provides a true raw feel. While it is one of the more expensive options, it is arguably the best one available. Aside from the oxidation resistance and excellent feel, stainless steel also looks fantastic. This specific bar offers stainless steel on both the shaft and the sleeves.
- Aggressive Knurling – The knurling on the OPB is fairly aggressive with a volcanic pattern. It's not as aggressive as something more mountainous, but it's a well-balanced knurl that will appeal to most users looking for a great all-around power bar.
- 29mm Shaft – The 29mm shaft on the Rogue Fully Stainless Steel Power Bar is consistent with IPF standards. It creates a very rigid shaft ideal for the big 3 power lifts.
- IPF Knurl Marks – This bar offers single powerlifting knurl marks spec'd to IPF requirements.
- Tensile Strength – The fully stainless version of the Ohio Power Bar offers a 200,000 PSI tensile strength, which is slightly less than the 205,000 PSI on non-stainless versions. Still, 200k is more than ample.
- Grooved, Stainless Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. Like the shaft, the sleeves on this version of the OPB are stainless steel.
- Bushings – The bar offers a bronze bushing rotation system, which is very common with a power bar.
- Center Knurl – This bar includes a center knurl in the same knurl pattern as the rest of the bar.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty.
- Made in America – The OPB is made in Columbus, Ohio.
From the Manufacturer
This is the premier power bar in the Rogue arsenal; equipped with a stainless steel shaft and sleeves for a superior feel and unmatched oxidation resistance.
The Stainless 45LB Ohio Power Bar is manufactured in Columbus, OH, and includes a zero-flex 200,000 PSI tensile strength shaft, quality bronze bushings, and 16.25” of loadable sleeve length.
All of our 29mm Ohio Power Bars also feature single powerlifting knurl marks and center knurling, machined in a pattern that’s deep and coarse without being sharp or abrasive. This makes the bar a perfectly honed workhorse for the bench, squat, and deadlift.
What They're Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue Fully Stainless Steel Power Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 4.9/5 average rating at roguefitness.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “I have been weightlifting for over 40 years and I have used many different types of bars. This is one of the best bars I have used. I purchased the stainless steel Ohio Power Bar over 2 months ago and have been very pleased with it. The quality of the bar is excellent. It is stiff and there is no whip when going heavy. The knurling is aggressive and great for gripping but not where it will tear up your hand. It is worth the money spent. The delivery time was as stated and prompt.“
- “The aggressive knurling and high quality stainless is amazing and durable. I'm glad I got the one with stainless bar and sleeve!“
- “I live in Houston and need something that can deal with all the humidity. I don’t think you can beat it for the price.“
- “I have used this bar for squats, bench, and OHP. The knurl is perfect. The bronze bushings result in sleeves that spin smoothly. The sleeves are retained by snaprings. There is no whip. Best off all, the bar is stainless which makes for easy maintenance down here with the gulf coast humidity.“
- “I've been squatting, benching, deadlifting, and pressing with this bar for a few months now, and I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish and the knurling. The stainless steel makes this the best looking bar I've seen (I only ever lifted in commercial gyms before this) and the knurling is just intense enough to feel grippier than other bars without drawing blood. The packaging it shipped in protected it completely from damage. It really represents Rogue's product build quality well.”
- “One thing I would like to see from all Rogue bars is a smooth shaft. For MOST plates the zipping noise is bearable but I have a few that it actually creates more of a “judder” movement and it's not pleasant.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not reviewed the fully stainless steel version of this bar, but a stainless steel version with hard chrome version has been reviewed. You can read it here.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Fully Stainless Steel Ohio Power Bar.